Demo site intallation

Hi,

I’ve been having real hard time to download your demo site from design cloud.
it used to work well before but now downloading demo site from design cloud started to stop working all of sudden.
Keep holding on INITIALIZING… when press INSTALL. All demos don’t work.
Any idea why?

Hello @kkotjib

I recommend the following troubleshooting about your demo import.

1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult to your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

Recommended MySQL configuration

max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Please ask your web host to enable allow_url_fope n. The value must be On in order for your server to receive data from our server.

After all the server settings configured properly please follow these steps.

1. Temporarily disable ConvertPlus while importing the demo content.
  2. After the import is done then activate it again

Hope that helps.
Thanks

Hi Parkash,

Downloading a demo site was used to work well and I had done it several times already.
Wondering what’s the holding up for installing now… Can you please advise?

Hello ByeongHyeon Lee,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

Done updating a secure note. Please check.

Thank you.

Hi,

This issue has been already 3 days and there has not been any progress after I did what you asked for.

I didn’t want to wait anymore so decided to reset my wordpress and start it over again.

But this issue is not solved at all. I don’t want to deal with it and waste my time anymore.
I’ve done what you asked for earlier that increasing PHP memory limit and others, but still issue is here.

Please look into my issue and solve as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve found that same issue was happened back on 2019. Is that still a problem?

Please provide the previous version of X Theme 7.0.4 so I can work on my wordpress.
Otherwise, I’ll have to ask you for a full refund. I don’t want to waste my time anymore.

Thanks.

—Quote----
Dear friends!

We have found new evidence of the problem, we downloaded the version of X-Theme 7.0.4 and we had no problem downloading the different site themes, the problems arise once we update this version to the latest 7.1.2, maybe now you can investigate and find out what the inconvenience may be.

Greetings and Thanks!

—Unquote----

Hi @kkotjib,

I have tried to install a Demo from the Design Clouds and it works for me at your site. Can you please check that once again.
If you find the same issue, please mentioned the Demo Name for which you are getting the issue, and please copy your live site to a staging server with the downgraded WordPress version to 5.3, so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
Give us access as you did for your live site.

On the other hand, the issue mentioned in the example thread was related to the MySql Configurations and not related to the theme, in that case, you can also ask your hosting service provider to set the following value for MySql setting variables.

1. max_allowed_packet to 8mb or 16mb
  2. innodb_log_file_size to 128mb or greater

Also ask your web host to enable allow_url_fopen. The value must be On in order for your server to receive data from our server. Also, increase the following server settings to the specified value or larger.

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300
max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Thanks

I’m trying to download Crafty site demo but still the issue is here.

Does it work on your side?

Hi
Just a quick note I am experiencing a similar issue while trying to download “Crafty” to a new WP site.
Regards
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Same on here. Just noticed only Crafty dosen’t work. Thank you for the note.

Staffs,

I need to make an online shopping website so Crafty is the only option to me. Can you please check and advise? Think this is not an issue on me but your internal error.

Thanks.

Hi kkotjib
Just a quick note - I asked my host to increase my server limits as per instructions above and the crafty theme installed. By the way the server was increased to 1GB for memory and file size
Good luck with your site.
Regards
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the information, it will surely help others to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi team,

1. max_allowed_packet to 8mb or 16mb - not allowed to increase per hosting company operation policy. Currently set as 1MB.
  2. innodb_log_file_size to 128mb or greater - Set as 256MB.
  3. upload_max_filesize = 512M - Set as 100MB per hosting company operation policy.
  4. post_max_size = 512M - Set as 100MB per hosting company operation policy.
  5. max_allowed_packet = 16Mb - not allowed to increase per hosting company operation policy.
  6. innodb_log_file_size = 128mb - Set as 256MB
  7. allow_url_fopen to ON - not allowed.
  8. memory_limit = 512M - increased
  9. max_execution_time = 300 - increased
  10. max_input_time = 300 - increased

Other than that, it used to work before but stopped working all of sudden. Please advise what else I can do on this case.

Thank you.

Hey Byeonghyeon,

We have received reports of the Crafty demo failing to import in some web hosts. The main issue is the demo includes lots of images so the web host needs to increase the resources to handle that.

Based on your post of the server configuration, there are lots of limitations. You really need to meet the demo’s server requirements like what @Jeff10 said that his web host:

Regretfully, there’s nothing we can do if your web host won’t comply. We would recommend that you move your site to a better web host if that is the case.

There’s an alternative but it’s tedious. You can set up a local server and import the demos locally then save the imported pages as a template using the Template Manager. Then, import the templates one by one to your live site.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

FYI, I’m working on building my website with other template and it’s perfectly working well and has much more images than Crafty of X Theme :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @kkotjib,

Sorry to hear that, but every theme has its own prerequisite settings, and it is needed to get the best output from it.
Best of luck with your new template.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.