Delay JavaScript execution issue with Cornerstone page builder / Pro Theme

Having an issue if I enable WP Rockets Delay JavaScript execution the sliders seem to break stop working(can’t use navigation to go to next slider) Seems to just break on desktop Windows any browser, actually works fine on mobile. I have gone through support with WP Rocket they have excluded all scripts so only the actual delay script is loading and none of the X/Pro/cornerstone scripts getting delayed and issue still exists. They are creating a bug report to look into more overtime since they haven’t seen this before so I thought I would open a ticket here incase others can replicate the issue to see if this is related to theme and if so then maybe some coms between WP Rocket and Themeco to help resolve the issue.

Hey Jay,

Thanks for reaching out!

I highly suggest that you exclude everything from Pro from any kind of optimization. Don’t worry, our themes are optimized out of the box so they don’t need third-party optimization.

Just want to let you know that we have a service for site speed called Boosts, you can check this out.

Hope that helps.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for response and understand Pro provides a lot of good coding standards so structure and different aspects well optimised and reason I use Pro along with other features which make site building great. This is more about improving speed in a similar manner as boost provides e.g. Caching and other performance features which improve overall site but also need compatibility with the theme Pro. In the past activating “WP Rockets Delay JavaScript execution” has worked fine it just seems around the 6.3.x(unsure exactly when) update to have an issue on desktop as mentioned mobile it is working fine. I have created a ticket with WP Rocket as mentioned and they find it especially strange as when everything is exclude for this feature the issue still occurs. When they are all excluded it means the scripts on theme load unchanged just wp rocket script added that is meant to delay but since everything excluded doesn’t do anything but run. Since this can be replicated on multiple sites and WP Rocket haven’t been able to resolve this initially and had to create a bug report for working on overtime. I thought to create a ticket here as unsure if any others have had this issue as well or if you provide any support for an issue that seems to be possible to replicate relating to Pro Theme. I do understand you have boost service but the one off cost is too expensive for smaller sites and landing pages we setup with Pro theme. Since when we have this feature working along with other optimizations and tweaks can usually get similar results as your boost service claim.

Hey Jay,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can take a closer look? We cannot guarantee a fix but we will check if there’s something we can do. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks attaching login details also screenshot below is feature that when activated sliders stop working. You can disable/enable Delay JavaScript execution and change features on this plugin if you need to test anything. And obviously edit the pages with cornerstone to see the sliders built in different ways on different pages incase the way they are built are causing an issue but I think these are built in pretty standard ways so be surprised if that is the reason. As mentioned issue is just on windows desktop. Mobile seems to work correct which is very weird.

Thanks again even if you can just mark off something as not the cause or point direction towards an aspect of WP Rocket and I go back to them would be helpful thank you again for looking into this.

Hey Jay,

You could try to exclude the Cornerstone JS files by adding this one.

/wp-content/themes/pro/(.*).js

/wp-content/themes/pro/.*cs.*.js

Then that would just ignore the Cornerstone JS files.

Hope that helps.

No luck sadly, I see in beta you are separating the slider files for frontend so this may help. I think I will wait til then for testing that out.

Hey Jay,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.