Wp Rocket Delay Javascript Execution Conflict With Cornerstone Slider

I am using Wp Rocket delay javascript execution to improve pay load speed. However, there is an issue with the sliders that breaks the slider and it won’t slide using the slide pagination, slide navigation, auto play, ect…

I have contacted WP Rocket and they can confirm its an issue with readystate in the slider, but they can’t do anything to fix the issue.

Typically you can exclude js in wprocket, but this issue happens no matter what is excluded as long as the “delay javascript execution” is active.

Is there a way to fix this on the Themeco side?

Loom screen share showing issue: https://www.loom.com/share/baec6ab6c44443a18115226bb484b3f1?sid=0362afce-0352-4ab9-875a-e27c9b2b1fff

Hey @allcal,

Thanks for reaching out!

I highly suggest that you exclude everything from Pro from any kind of optimization. Don’t worry, our themes are optimized out of the box so they don’t need third-party optimization.

Just want to let you know that we have a service for site speed called Boosts, you can check this out.

Or you can refer to this similar thread: Delay JavaScript execution issue with Cornerstone page builder / Pro Theme

Hope that helps.

I will reiterate “Typically you can exclude js in wprocket, but this issue happens no matter what is excluded as long as the “delay javascript execution” is active.”

In the thread you reference Delay JavaScript execution issue with Cornerstone page builder / Pro Theme they have told you the same thing that excluding everything still doesn’t fix the problem.

The main point i’m looking for a solution: WP Rocket support has confirmed its an issue with readystate in the slider. document.readyState;

Is there an alternative or solution to document.readyState that can be utilized?

Hey @allcal,

Regretfully we do not have an alternative at the moment. We can forward this thread to our developers so that they can chime in when they get back in January.

Thank you.

Sounds good. Thanks!

Can you just ignore delay on the page that uses slide?

Hey Omar,

Thanks for chiming in and we really appreciate your time and effort.

Cheers!

I think the solutions is using the delay javascript execution with Perfmatters and not Wp Rocket. The issue appears to not occur.

Hey @allcal,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out!

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.