Custom CSS no longer working after update

Since I updated the theme, none of the custom code (entered via the CSS tabs in the Cornerstone builder) that used to work for styling works anywhere on the site. Did something critical change? I’m not sure why CSS that worked before the update no longer works now.

For instance, I followed your video series “Creative Contact Forms” and that CSS no longer works after the update, nor does the custom CSS I was directed to add via support to address various issues and things I wanted changed.

ETA: What’s also odd is that sometimes, the CSS shows up when the page has been loaded into Cornerstone but it does not show on the live page. Please see attached screencaps:

Page in Cornerstone (reflects CSS customization):

Live page (unable to reflect CSS customization):

Is there a way to get the custom CSS working again?

Hello Natasha,

Thanks for writing in! First, please check out this documentation:

If the above issue still going on, kindly provide us access to your site so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

In the meantime, you might want to checkout this common issues and how you can troubleshoot it:

Best Regards.

Thanks.

I was unable to do what was quoted in this article because I can’t find Cornerstone > Status and I don’t recognize the name CloudFare. Included in a secure note will be my login details. Thanks!

Hi Natasha,

It seems that the closing brace is missing in the custom CSS code which is the reason behind your issue. I went ahead and closed it and now the style is loading for the Contact Form as expected.

Thank

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.