Custom Archive page for Modern Events Calendar?

I’d like to use Cornerstone to add a custom banner to my Modern Events Calendar archive page — my guess is one way to do that would be to put an edited version of archive-mec-events.php into the Child Theme folder, which I’ve tried… but I don’t know which of the Pro theme template files to copy code from to replace the MEC code. Is this the way to do it? If so, how?

Many Thanks!
Carlos

Hello Carlos,

Thanks for writing in! You will have to use the Layout Builder, Cornerstone > Layout Builder and then create a Single Layout which you can then assign as the layout for single MEC events. In this layout, this is were you can add a custom banner design. If you are not familiar with the Layout Builder yet, please check this out:

Or check out this video:

Best Regards.

Thanks for the quick reply, but that doesn’t help in this case.

As I mentioned previously, this is for the ARCHIVE page of MEC, not for Single Events. I just tried using the Layout Builder and setting the Conditions to be Archive: Post Type is: Event, and it doesn’t work. MEC’s plugin templates seem to override the Layout Builder.

Hello Carlos,

Can you please share your WP details so that we can check your layout and the MEC event settings? You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you.

Oops, here’s that secure note again…

Hey @cgMultimedia,

We’re sorry for the confusion. This is a known issue that you cannot apply a layout to MEC.

This issue is in queue to be investigated by our development team.

For now, customizing MEC layout requires custom coding and as you might already know, that is beyond the scope of our theme support. If you need us to customize themes and plugins, you can check our Elite service here: https://elite.theme.co/

Thanks.

Hi @christian,

Thanks for getting back to me. In my initial post, I asked for which of the Pro theme template files to copy code from to replace the MEC code. If you could help me with that, I’d appreciate it.

Hey @cgMultimedia,

MEC has it’s own templates and our themes don’t have specific templates for it. Take a look at MEC’s templates in \plugins\modern-events-calendar\templates.

Just a reminder. Modifying or overriding template files is beyond the scope of our theme support. We cannot cover issues that will arise from that nor customization guidance. If you wish to receive guidance, you might want to consider subscribing to our One premium support.

Thanks.

Okay, I get it. You want to upsell wherever possible :slight_smile:

I went with a different approach and got it to work — I created an alternate Header layout with the Conditions set to the Events Archive page.

Now… I am trying to set up a Custom Layout for the Events Single page and running into similar issues — the Layout Builder won’t override the MEC single page templates. For what it’s worth, MEC offers advice on how to do that for those that are custom-coding their own template pages:

https://webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/overriding-mec-single-event-page/

My first try at this was to copy:
/pro/framework/views/renew/wp-page.php (and the wp-single.php) files and rename them:
/pro-child/single-mec-events.php

…but that just caused the Events to come out with the plain version of Renew’s post format, NOT with the Layout Builder version (and yes, I did set the Conditions to “Post Type / is / Event”.

Can you offer some solution to this?

Before you reply with your stock answer about this being “beyond the scope of our theme support”, please note that your Layout Builder is part of your theme, and Modern Events Calendar is included with your theme, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask that they work together, is it? I have noted that you provided support to get MEC to work with the Looper…

Thanks for your time and attention!
Carlos

Hey Carlos,

It’s just a fact that it requires custom development. :slight_smile:

There’s no solution at-least for now. We do understand that the Layout Builder does not apply to MEC and we support both. That is the reason why this case has been submitted to our issue tracker so that it’s queued to be investigated by our development team.

If you want a solution from us now, that is not possible or at least we don’t have the solution yet. We apologize for the inconvenience but please kindly wait for the solution.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.