Critical Error with X theme

My website recently went down with a critical error that happens with X theme is active. I have the latest version installed. Here are the details:
Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 36 of the file /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/customizer.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cornerstone() in /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/customizer.php:36
Stack trace:
#0 /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): x_customizer_manage_theme_options_button(’’)
#1 /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/strat116/public_html/ponydreams.com/wp-admin/customize.php(174): do_action(‘customize_contr…’)
#4 {main}
thrown

Hi Lorie,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems you might be using a much older version of X and tried to update its latest version. If so, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X and Cornerstone by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates or by downloading it from Themeco Account.
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be the latest version.

And, if everything goes fine in your staging please try by migrate from the staging server to live.

Please remember to take a backup of your live site and the database before performing the migration.

Thanks

I have the latest version of X on my website. I downloaded it and uploaded it. The site is telling me that Cornerstone is not validated - but I don’t remember ever having to validate Cornerstone independently of X as they came bundled. I tried to validate Cornerstone with my X license, but it didn’t accept it. How can I validate Cornerstone so I can update it to the most recent version? It’s currently version 6.1.2. Thank you.

Hello Lorie,

Yes, Cornerstone is a bundled page builder plugin with the X theme you don’t need an extra validation. It seems that it might be the issue of the cache I would suggest you please purge all the cache and validate with the X theme license code and then recheck it. In case you have not seen the theme validation doc please have a look at it.

In case you are not able to update the theme I would suggest you please have a look at this doc to learn more about how to update the theme.

If it doesn’t work please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hey Lorie,

I do believe that there’s a compatibility issue with the Cornerstone plugin and X theme. Their versions don’t match and I guess that is the reason for the critical error. That being said, I went and delete the current Cornerstone plugin and then activated the X theme. After doing that, I installed the compatible Cornerstone plugin for your X theme. Upon checking your website, it is now up and running.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Marc. The primary menu was not linked, but once I linked it in appearance - menus, the site would no longer load. I was still able to get the backend to load and disconnected the menu. Suggestions?

Hey Lorie,

Please try checking our common troubleshooting on the link below, it might help you fix your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hi Marc. I don’t see anything related to a website not loading when you assign a menu.

Hi Lorie,

I have checked and found the issue while assigning the menu. There might be different possible reasons for the issue and can help after having the exact error(s). Please add the below-given code into your wp-config.php for debug setup and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
You can let us know if you find any error that is related to our theme or theme bundled plugins. I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel details to access the files.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you so much. My hosting company was able to sort this out. It was a conflict with the essential grid plug in.

Hey Lorie,

You’re welcome and we’re glad that it is now working properly on your end.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.