Create layout for CPT Taxonomy Archive

Ok, I feel dumb. I’m trying to create an archive template for a CPT Taxonomy using the Layout Builder. I can successfully use Dynamic Content to display the current Title and Description fields of the Taxonomy term. But how do I dynamically display the individual CPT posts that are associated with this term? I tried using a looper, but am stuck.

Any suggestions? Happy to show an example.

Hello Matt,

Thanks for writing in!

To get your issue resolved, please do this:
1.) Please go to Cornerstone > Layout Builder.
2.) Create a custom Archive layout.
3.) In your archive layout, do not add a Looper provider. Just Looper Consumer is needed.
4.) Assign your custom archive layout to be use for the custom post type taxonomy archive only. If you are not yet familiar with the Conditions and Assignments, please check this first:

If you are having some difficulties, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your current custom archive layout and then we can advise you more into your issue on how you can resolve it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

THANK YOU!!! :star_struck:

The only question that remains is how to order the output of the posts being consumed now that there’s no Provider. I have a list of posts, but they’re in a seemingly random order. Is that only able to be done at the post level now?

Hey Matt,

The order you’re seeing is powered by the default WordPress loop.

If you need to set the order, you will need to set up a Looper Provider. The setup will not work if you have pagination, though.

If you have pagination, the only way to modify the WordPress loop is via custom coding. Regretfully, we do not provide custom coding as part of our theme support. We can only provide coding guidance in our One premium support. In case you need hands on support, our Elite team can do the job.

Thanks.

Got it. I found the Advanced Post Types Order plugin to change the default order, however I don’t want pagination at all for these specific archive pages. Is there a way to disable pagination entirely for the Taxonomy Archive so the Looper Consumer will display all the posts?

Hey Matt,

In your Archive Layout, delete the Post Navigation element.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.