Correct Image Size Using Classic Slider

I am getting page speed issue using classic slider element. I am using Worppress to place the image etc.

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

Thanks for writing in! When inserting an image, if it only displays in a small amount of space, please use Medium or Large size.

The original size is only good for a background images or that you only display one image on the page that covers a bigger section or space on the page.

Best Regards.

The classic slider doesn’t let you place images in this way.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

I suggest that you insert the image in the post/page as a medium then just copy the URL in your classic slider element.

On the other hand, I also suggest that you will lazyload your image in order for your website to have a better speed. You can use this plugin.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I have lazy load via Autooptimize and also W3TC.

There is no medium size. They are 1900 by 910 or similar…

class="alignnone size-full

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

There is no such option to add the specific size image URL into the Classic Slider element, I would suggest you follow the suggestion given by my colleague to copy the URL by adding the medium size image as content and use it in Classic Slider element.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I am saying that there is no “medium” size selection for these images. Lazy load is already enabled.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

The sizes aren’t available because you might not have defined the image sizes in the WordPress settings. To do that navigate to WP Admin > Settings > Media and specify the image sizes, next install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

Once you install and activate this plugin, a new option is added under the menu: Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails, simply click it and let the plugin do its job.

After thumbnails are generated you should be able to get different sizes of your image, just select the one that is required.

To learn more, please go through these articles https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/wordpress-images-sizes and https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-additional-image-sizes-in-wordpress/

Hope this helps!

Medium image is set. Honestly, the large image is only 1900 px. Why can’t I just use that? What does large to medium matter in this case?

I would suggest you purge all the cache then use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to generate the image in the proper size as assign in the settings.

Yes, the image dimension does matter when it comes to image size. So if you insert the image as a medium it would reduce the image size so that it loads fast.

I would also suggest you optimize the image through the Autoptimize plugin. Please have a look at this article to learn more how it works.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Yes of course I want the image to load fast but that is not the issue here. It is that the image dimensions are not being specified and that is the performance issue.

I will do as you suggest to test but ultimately I will still have the same error since that part of the code is not changing.

I am already using Autoptimze. I also already have a CDN.

I did as suggested and regenerated all images and the issues remains as suspected.

Please temporarily disable your Autoptimize and CDN plugins. Make the necessary changes in your slider images and test your site. Once you are satisfied with the slider image size, you can reactivate the plugins. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Details added.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

Inside those sliders, the largest image width can be is 1480px. Re-upload a 1600px width images and those will resolve the said issue.

And check the image CDN that you’re using, it might have an option to do this resizing automatically.

Don’t forget to clear the cache after.

Cheers,

The images have been resized, uploaded, and replaced in the classic slider. The issue remains.

There are 6 images with 1600 pixel width. It consists of 82% (3.4 MB in total) of the page size of 4.1MB. You can check the details here: https://tools.pingdom.com/#5e53c808e7400000

Resize again the image to at least 1480 pixel width so that it will be a lot smaller thus will give you more estimated saving time.

This is what I understood you wanted from your response “Re-upload a 1600px width images and those will resolve the said issue.”

I will re-try the images at 1480 and report back.

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.