Cornerstone Update is Not Functioning Properly

I am working on a new home page. I updated Cornerstone to 5.0.7 and all of the editable content for that page is no longer visible. The preview page is white. I tried restoring a backup from before the update and it appears to still have the same problem.

Hello @Sabacon,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirm that you have already updated to the latest updates? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.7
  • Cornerstone 5.0.7
  • WordPress 5.6
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @Sabacon,

Thanks for providing the details. I have logged in and I was able to create a test page. I temporarily deactivated the Classic Editor plugin. I have edited the test page in Cornerstone as shown in the image below.

see secure note

I checked your home 2 page and it seems that there is an error 500 going on. Can you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the Error 500 issue in more detail.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel,

I did as you requested and this is what I saw.

Deprecated : Function create_function() is deprecated in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/business-contact-widget/business-contact-widget.php on line 499

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘form_title’ in ‘field list’]
SELECT title, created_at, form_title, default_label_pos, show_title, clear_complete, hide_complete, logged_in, seq_numFROMwp_m0crzz0y26_nf3_formsWHEREid = 1

SELECT title, created_at, form_title, default_label_pos, show_title, clear_complete, hide_complete, logged_in, seq_numFROMwp_m0crzz0y26_nf3_formsWHEREid = 2

SELECT title, created_at, form_title, default_label_pos, show_title, clear_complete, hide_complete, logged_in, seq_numFROMwp_m0crzz0y26_nf3_formsWHEREid = 3

Notice : Undefined variable: title in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/blocks/views/includes/DataBuilder/FormsBuilder.php on line 25

Notice : Undefined variable: title in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms/blocks/views/includes/DataBuilder/FormsBuilder.php on line 25

Is something wrong with Ninja forms or business contact manager?

Hi @Sabacon,

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures:

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi @Marc_a,

I have conducted all of the recommended tests above and it appears there is a major conflict with Essential Grid, and minor conflicts with Ninja Forms and Business Contact Widget plugins. If the Essential Grid plugin is activated, none of the content shows up in Cornerstone and the page is not preview-able. When the Essential Grid is deactivated, I see and edit the all of the content on the Home-2 page. I am using Essential Grid on the Home-2 page, so that part of that page doesn’t work. I noticed that what I thought were bugs/glitches in Cornerstone are now working, but I am now unable to save any changes I make using Cornerstone or see an accurate preview of the Home-2 page.

Is Essential Grid no longer usable with Cornerstone? Do you have any suggestions on ways to save changes to the Home-2 page? What should I do with Ninja Forms and Business Contact Widget plugins?

Hello @Sabacon,

It seems that you are using X theme of version 8.0.7 and Cornerstone 5.0.7. I would suggest you update your X theme and Cornerstone 8.0.8 & 5.0.8 respectively. Please let us know if it doesn’t work.

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,

I updated both and have the same problems mentioned above. I also noticed the I could save Home-2 in Cornerstone, if Essential Grid is activated. Of course nothing is visible when Essential Grid is activated. What should I do?

Thanks @Sabacon,

Regretfully even with WP_DEBUG enabled, it isn’t outputting more about that error. Would you be able to provide FTP credentials as well? There’s a bit more testing we can do, but we’d need to edit the site configuration a bit temporarily and possibly install a modified version of Cornerstone (until the next release is available).

Hey @Sabacon,

I activated the Essential Grid on your site and I could still see and edit the content in Cornerstone.

Please clear your browser’s cache and check again.

You can set WP_DEBUG to false now so that PHP notices won’t show up.

Thanks.

Hi @christian,

That page is not using Essential Grid. The page I am working on is HOME 2 (it is using Essential Grid) which will not work with Essential Grid activated nor can it be saved. It is in the thread.

Hey @Sabacon,

Sorry for the confusion. I’ve logged in to your server and enabled debug logging and found that there’s a memory exhaustion problem. I increased the memory to 1024 but it doesn’t help. There might be a limit set by your web host. Please forward this issue to your web host so that they give you a big memory allocation or maybe just more than the value in the error log.

This issue is a conflict with your web host.

Hi @christian,

Just a little clarification. Where did you increase the memory. What that 1024 bytes, megabytes or gigabytes? What was it before? I want to make sure I know what I am asking for.

Thanks

Hi Sabacon,

My colleagues increase the PHP memory limit in the wp-config.php file. The 1024 is megabytes.

Your previous PHP memory limit was 256M:

After my colleagues change the settings it is now 1024M:

Hope I clarify all your questions.

Thank you.

Hi @Sabacon,

We can confirm that the issue still exists after changing the PHP limit, we are trying our best to help you with your issue but this is just happening in your install because when I replicate the issue on my test website and I can’t reproduce the issue. I just want to make sure and double-check that the PHP limit settings were set correctly.

Please ask your hosting provider to replicate the server settings of my staging environment.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This is what my server settings are set to

Hello @Sabacon,

Your server settings are all good. The issue is still going on. May we have permission to put your site under construction mode and may we test for a plugin conflict? We need to temporarily disable the plugin one by one. it could be that a plugin or a code from somewhere may be having a conflict with the latest theme release and causing this issue.

Kindly let us know your thoughts.

@ruenel Yes you may.

Hi @Sabacon,

It seems this might be due to the improper up-gradation of the Cornerstone plugin, I would suggest you follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

I have the deleted and reinstall the Cornerstone to no avail. I have used a secure note with access to the staging site and a logon. Let me know, if that is what you wanted.