Cornerstone Update is Not Functioning Properly

Hello @Sabacon,

Please clone your live site and place it on the staging site. Give us access to the staging site so that we can continue investigating your issue.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ruenel,

I posted the information you requested in a secure note.

Hello @Sabacon,

I have logged in to your staging site and I can edit your homepage with no issue.

See the secure note.

Can you please send us a video screenshot of how it is doing from your browser?

Thank you.

@ruenel,

It is Home 2. Once Essential Grid is activated, the content is not visible. With Essential Grid deactivated nothing can be saved.

@ruenel All of the information is in the thread.

Hi @ruenel,

This link is of Cornerstone opening Home-2 with the Essential Grid activated.

This link is of Cornerstone opening Home-2 without Essential Grid activated.

All the information is in the thread. I am working on Home-2. it is using Essential Grid. I can’t save the page with Essential Grid deactivated and can not see anything with it activated.

Gerald

Hey Gerald,

This is the error that is generated when you save the page with Essential Grid in it.

[03-Jan-2021 09:14:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'Essential_Grid' not found in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/essential-grid.php:67
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-base.php(326): CS_Essential_Grid->render(Array)
#1 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-legacy-renderer.php(30): Cornerstone_Element_Base->renderElement(Array)
#2 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php(516): Cornerstone_Legacy_Renderer->save_element(Array)
#3 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php(436): Cornerstone_Content->build_classic_element_output(Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php(530): Cornerstone_Content->build_element_output(Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php(436): Cornerstone_Content->build_cl in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/essential-grid.php on line 67

That doesn’t occur in other servers including my sites so there’s something in the web host beyond the Memory Limitation that is causing the issue.

Please have the web host investigate the issue according to the error generated.

Alternatively, you can insert your Essential Grid in a Global Block then add the Global Block to the page. I found this setup working on your site.

Thanks.

Hi @christian I feel like I am going in circles. @ruenel said the web host setting were good. We copied the ones he told me to further up in the thread. Did @tristup go into the staging site he requested I set up?

Hi Gerald,

I have thoroughly checked your staging server and found the same issue mentioned by my colleague in the previous answer. As an alternative solution, I would suggest you follow the suggestion given by my colleague @christian.

Thanks

Hey @Sabacon,

I’m sorry to hear you’re like going in circles but I previously said:

Please have the web host investigate as this doesn’t happen on other servers. I even imported your grids to my sites and all of them work.

I hope your web host could fix their server setup.

Hi @christian Okay. I used the Global Block and it does work sometimes. Sometimes Cornerstone opens the Home-2 page with content and most of the time Cornerstone doesn’t. Cornerstone saves Home-2 with the Essential Grid in the Global Block. I am still trying to get the Essential Grid to format correctly from within the Global Block.

I am also including my current web host settings. Please let me know what I should ask GoDaddy to set the memory settings at for Cornerstone to work with Essential Grid again.

Hey @Sabacon,

Thanks for letting us know.

As previously said, the Memory Limit is NO LONGER an issue. It’s not in the error log anymore.

A new error is now being outputted and I’ve posted that in my previous reply.

What your web host needs to do is trace the cause of the error based on the error log I’ve shown. They’re probably not supporting PHP Aliases. I am not sure because I am not sure as I’m not a server expert. Maybe a quick test is to temporarily downgrade to PHP 5.6. It’s not recommended but it’s a quick test.

Your grids work on my sites as I’ve tested them previously so the issue is within your web host configuration. This issue only happens on your web host (or at least we don’t have reported issues the same as this yet). Again, it’s not a limitation issue anymore. I believe it’s a matter of supporting the Essential Grid codes.

Thanks for testing.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.