Cornerstone Responsive Issue

Hi, I am having a frontend responsive issue on multiple browsers. I use PRO on over 50 sites, and am very familiar with building responsive sites with Cornerstone.

• On the backend the site is responsive, I built it to be that way .(see screenshot)
  • On the frontend the site is responsive, but ONLY if I manually change the browser window size (see screenshot)
  • If I use the inspect tool and toggle mobile, the site is NOT responsive. It is the same when I look on my phone and on the clients phone. (see screenshot)

This is my ONLY site that uses Cornerstone with a default Wordpress theme. All my PRO sites are fine. So maybe there is a Cornerstone Standalone issue?

Thanks!

backend built to be responsive

frontend with inspector

frontend manual change browser size

Hello @uxmediahouse,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks… access attached

Hello @uxmediahouse,

I have checked your site and you are not using Pro theme. The Cornerstone version installed is not updated as well. Please check out the latest versions here:

Please update to the latest version. If you encounter any issues, you might want to check this out:

Best Regards.

That right, I am not using PRO. Maybe I didnt make it clear enough. But this is a site with ONLY Cornerstone and uses a default WP 2017 theme.

As far as I can tell Cornerstone is up to date. I see no notices in “Updates” or “Plugins” to update and the Cornerstone pages says it is current. The responsive issue still persists.

Hello @uxmediahouse,

Please go to Dashboard > Updates. And the latest Cornerstone version is 7.4.18.

Cheers.

Thanks,

I am VERY familiar with how to update sites, I manage over 80. I have looked there, of course. Nothing available…

Hey @uxmediahouse,

I see now that you are not seeing an update notification. Please update Cornerstone manually. Download the latest version from your Themeco account.

I also created this video:

Thanks.

Thanks!

I updated Cornerstone and am still seeing the issue. Why doesnt it alert me there is an update like other plugins? Sorry… I usually have PRO on all my sites and typically do not ONLY instal Cornerstone. In fact this may be the ONLY site where I only have CS installed as a plugin.

I made a video to explain. It resizes when I manually change the browser size, but it does not resize properly when I use the responsive tools and presets. So, after the CS update the issue persists. Thanks for any help here. Troubleshoot as you see fit. I have a backup of the site.
https://youtu.be/v_5I-9Udt30

And, on my phone it does not work either:

Hi, Just following up. Can someone please take a look at my response above?

I believe this is a conflict with the WP 2017 theme. I switched to the latest WP theme and it works just fine. There is some custom css in our WP 2017 theme, but even with that removed the issue is still present.

I wasn’t able to recreate on WP 2017. If you send us a page template / Single Layout template that might help us. Although, it looks like you found another solution. Have a great day.

Its all good. I think its just a conflict with the theme and I am hoping the client will let me upgrade it to PRO.

Hello @uxmediahouse,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.