Cornerstone not working all of a sudden

Hi, I am having an issue with Cornerstone. It’s just showing the circle loading icon and nothing is happening.
I accessed this site about a week ago without any problem. These are the things I already tried.
-updated the WP engine to the latest, 6.1.1
-deactivated all the plugins and re-activated. Updated the plugins when asked.
-selected a default WP theme temporarity and then re-activated the x-child theme
-upgraded to xtheme Pro version but realized that it will not solve my problem since I am using a childtheme of X-theme, not Pro.
-purged server side and browser cache many times

The site address is https://milneinstitute.com. The site is showing up just fine. I just can’t edit any of the pages using the Cornerstone.

Help.

Hey @hanagroup,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you are done with the basic troubleshooting and the issue still persists. We would like to check the backend settings properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @hanagroup,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked your website and found that you are using a much older version of X i.e. 4.5.2 and the Cornerstone version 6.1.4. The validation process has been changed a lot in the updated version. As you are using a much older version, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X theme and the Cornerstone in the staging by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version.

And If everything goes fine in your staging please migrate the staging server to live and try to activate the license once again.

Thanks

I think you looked at the wrong version of the X theme. There are two x themes in the Themes folder. One is really old. There is no option to delete the that theme. So, it’s been sitting there for many, many years. The other x theme is 10.0.5. The Pro version is not being used at all. After purchasing an upgrade, I realized that it will not work properly with the existing child-theme. So, not to confuse anyone, I just deleted the Pro theme. However, we might have a problem since the license serial number is now assocated with Pro version, not the X-theme 10.0.5.

So, to be clear, I am using a child-theme, X theme 10.0.5 and Cornerstone 6.1.4.

I created a staging site just now. So, I will delete the existing Cornerstone first, then reinstall. I believe the latest version of X theme is 10.0.5. I will contact you if I have problem.

Ed

On a staging site, I deleted Cornerstone and updated X theme tot he latest, 10.0.5. It installed the new Cornerstone editor automatically. So, I deployed it to the live site and the Cornerstone is opening up now. That’s an improvement.

However, I can’t verify the serial number since the site license has been tied to Pro version. Can you roll it back so it is tied to the old license? OR, can you provide a new one that will work with the site? I will not be using the Pro version. When I tried, it messed up the whole site.

Ed

Hello Ed,

The X theme license code is still assigned to the site. It should work just fine.

• See the secure note below.

Thanks.

I am still having issues. The validation is not successful. It gives me an error saying it can’t validate. Please see the attached image. I am trying to validate on the staging site and migrate over to the live site later. Perhaps you should try. The X-theme’s validation process has always been a huge problem ever since I purchased an x theme in 2016. It works for a little while then loses the link. lt happened before.

Hello @hanagroup,

I tried to access your staging server site but it is not working at the moment, please let us know when it is ready so that we can check it on our end. In case you have not seen our theme validation doc please have a look at it to learn more about how to validate it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.