Cornerstone No Longer Functioning Properly

I’m not sure what happened but the options in Cornerstone have changed and no longer work properly. For example, I can no longer edit HEADLINE elements. If I add a new HEADLINE element, I can’t change the font-size, color, etc. How can I resolve this?

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reaching out.

There might be multiple reasons for this issue. What I found by visiting your website through the dashboard, one of the websites is still using the older version of the X theme and Cornerstone whereas WordPress has been updated to a recent version.
If that is the case I would suggest to update the X and Cornerstone to the updated version first and then try once again if you still find the issue I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version to 5.3 of your website, 5.3 is the recommended version and the one we currently support.

If the issue is with the other one i.e olst***, where the theme and Cornerstone are already updated, WordPress upgrade might be the reason behind it. I would suggest you downgrade the WordPress version to 5.3 of your website, 5.3 is the recommended version and the one we currently support.

NOTE: To downgrade the WordPress version you can get help from here: https://soliloquywp.com/how-to-downgrade-wordpress-to-an-older-version/

Thanks

I downgraded to version 5.4.2. and the problem still exists.

I tried versions 5.3.4 and 5.3 as well and Cornerstone is still not working. I don’t see an option to update X or Cornerstone.

Hi Ray,

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect the Cornerstone.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of those help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I tried all things suggested and nothing worked. Also, I do not have an option to send a secure note. I have…

Will send secure info…

Hi Ray,

The Cornerstone plugin is just working fine on your website. The reason why you can’t edit the text and color, sizes and etc, is because the advanced mode is not enabled. In X theme the advance mode is not enabled in default, to enable the advance mode, please check our docs.

https://theme.co/docs/advanced-mode

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

I’m an idiot! I’m not sure how it got turned off but thanks so much!

Hi Ray,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.