Cornerstone: How to turn On/Off individual Classic Elements?

How to turn On/Off individual Classic Elements?

In Cornerstone > Settings > Elements, there is only an option to turn On/Off “All Classic Elements”.

We need to enable clients only to use some specific Classic Elements, not All of them.

Kind regards.

Hi @dasbios,

Unfortunately, there is no such option to enable or disable any specific Classic Element.

Thanks

In previous versions, it was possible to turn On/Off new and classic elements. Why is this not possible anymore?

We are using classic elements because they don’t have the option to customize it a lot (margin, padding, font, etc). That way, we do all the styling in theme css, and the client can just enter the content. Output html code for classic elements is also much cleaner.

Is there a way to disable the styling/formatting sections of the new elements, so the client will not be able to mess with them?

Kind regards.

Hi @dasbios,

The new elements have much more options that can be enabled and disabled by clicking them. I would suggest you use any of the V2 elements and check the available options in it.

Thanks

Is there a way to disable the styling of the V2 elements?
So the client could not mess up the design painstakingly defined in the theme/CSS?

E.g.:

That’s one of the main advantages why we are using Classic elements.

Where does Standalone Cornerstone have settings (Simple/Advance mode) described in this Doc?

Hi @dasbios,

Unfortunately, there is no such way to disable the Styling option which you want. Regarding the documentation, in the latest version, we have changed the options and the attributes and we are still updating the documentation on it.
Still, you can find the settings at Cornerstone > Settings.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I’m looking for this “Simple/Advance mode” setting:

I can’t find it in Cornerstone > Settings:

Where is it located?

Hi @dasbios,

As I have told you that the options are changed in the latest version of the Theme and the documentation is still not updated on that basis. Unfortunately, these options are no longer available.

Thanks

A, oh. I understood it moved. OK.

With the new Cornerstone you introduced Components Builder.

We could also build our own components (e.g. our custom text field) with exposed parameters and styling presets that client can’t modify.

That should work, right?

Hello @dasbios,

Yes, with the new Cornerstone builder, you can create the Components and Parameters. In case you have not seen the video tutorial please have a look at it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.