Cornerstone editor not recognizing Cornerstone shortcode

We are having the exact same issue as here: Cornerstone editor not recognizing Cornerstone pages

After the update to the most recent version the cornerstone shortcode seems to not be recognized on some pages. If you edit the page with the Wordpress editor, it shows you a bunch of shortcode mess, but editing with Cornerstone acts like the page is empty. Also on the frontend the page is empty.

I have tried the following already:

• Checked for plugin conflict - problem persists when disabling all plugins
  • Tested activating parent theme - problem persists
  • Cache is disabled
  • There is no css/js customization in parent theme
  • Permalinks updated

Hi Anni,

Thank you for writing in, you mentioned disabling the caching, but can you confirm that you CLEAR it first before deactivating it? Sometimes caching features leave residue even it has been deactivated.

Another thing, please reinstall X and Cornerstone on your site, the update might have been interrupted for some reason and did not completely update the files of the theme or Cornerstone.

Is the issue happens to only one page? or all pages? Please provide us login credentials on a secure note so we can take a closer look.

But I’ll let you know beforehand, that this might be a case of Cornerstone data corruption, and you might already lose the Cornerstone data the builder needed to edit the page. In this case, we will advise restoring the site prior date before the update, so we can get back those Cornerstone data. But please note that this does not mean the update causes the issue, there might be another factor that corrupts the data.

Cheers,

I am testing this in a staging environment where there is no caching implemented.

This issue is happening on some pages, mostly posts, but not all.

I will try to reinstall X and cornerstone to see if that changes anything and if not will send you credentials to the staging environment.

I have added a secure note, installing with fresh copies of the theme and cornerstone did not help.

Hello Anni,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, I went ahead and checked your pages it seems that Cornerstone page builder is working fine at my end. It might be an issue with the browser cache. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again.

Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note. I have checked your page and Post as well. if the issue still persist please share the exact page URL/post URL

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.