Cornerstone Builder Broke our pages on the latest update

Greetings,

We’re running into a problem where the latest update to Cornerstone is breaking previously working pages and page layouts.

I will provide links and site access via a private note

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua

Hello @mercurycreative

Thanks for writing to us.

The given page is loading fine at my end can you please elaborate more about the issue you are having or it would be best if you could provide a screenshot so that we can guide you properly.

I also noticed that you are using a cache plugin called “Autoptimize”. I would suggest your purge all the cache temporarily deactivate the cache plugin and then check it again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for your help.

I have attached two images. Original shows what the page layout was like before the Cornerstone update, Now shows it currently.

Original

Now
Now-1

Hi @mercurycreative,

Unfortunately, we are not able to find the issue as described in the given screenshot. Whereas it shows the same as the first screenshot. Please find the screenshot given below.

I would request you check after clearing all types of cache, or in Incognito or Private mode of browser.

Thanks

Please see the attached screen shot showing the broken page in Cornerstone. This was loaded on Incognito.

This error has been replicated by at least 3 people, on 3 different computers, in 3 different geographic locations all on Incognito.

Please note, the issue is that it doesn’t display right in Cornerstone, not that it doesn’t display right on the public facing page.

Thank you in advance for your help

Additionally, I tried creating a new page using Chrome and Firefox browsers, and was met with this new error message (as opposed to the content just displaying incorrectly):

The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.

Origin URL: https://www.landesa.org

Preview URL: https://www.landesa.org/?page_id=16742

Is this information helpful in diagnosing the problem?

Hi @mercurycreative,

I have created a page named Test by Themeco on your website and it has been saved and modified properly. Can you please check once after clearing all types of cache? If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest you troubleshot a few common issues to find the reason behind it.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Child Theme Related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization
4.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.

If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I’m sorry, this is entirely unhelpful.

We have existing pages that are not working, and we are unable to create new pages.

Thus far we have been told that the problem doesn’t exist, and that the problem is another vendor’s plugin.

The only change that has been made to the site in some time is we upgraded the Cornerstone builder.

We’re happy to provide you with a staging environment, but you still have not commented on the clearly broken pages on the live site. To date, there is no acknowledgment the problem exists.

We are long-standing customers with a fair number of licenses. I’m troubled by the support thus far on what is a serious issue for one of our clients.

Hi @mercurycreative,

We’d love to help you sort out your issue, please create a staging area where we could debug the issue of your website and can freely deactivate all the plugins.

Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thank you. I have added the login credentials as a secure note to the message above.

We’re unable to easily share SFTP access due to the nature of our hosting. We’d have to obtain a cert from you. Hopefully this is sufficient to troubleshoot the cornerstone builder.

Thanks again

Hello @mercurycreative,

I am another staff checking in. I was able to log in to your staging site. The first I did was, temporarily cleared the cache of the Autoptimize plugin and also deactivated both of the plugins. When I create a new page, no issues were encountered. You can check out the secure note below.

And regarding the broken display within the Cornerstone builder, while displaying correctly in the live view of the page, this is a known issue and. our developers are currently addressing the issue as we speak. A new patch update release may be rolling out anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

Hello - Please refer to the original request.

We are unable to edit existing pages after the cornerstone editor was updated.

This continues to be a problem. It has been over two weeks since this was reported and the client, your customer, is still unable to edit their website.

This is an extremely urgent matter. We have created a test site for you and still, we haven’t had acknowledgment of the issue.

Per your response: "deactivated both of the plugins. "

What does this mean? What are “both plugins”

Hello This is still unsolved.

The Cornerston builder is still showing a broken layout on all pages after the upgrade.

I submitted this issue 18 days ago and support has been really unhelpful. I’ve been told “it’s fixed” while support shares images of the same broken layout as “fixed”.

Please can we get some support? You’re quickly losing a long long time customer.

Hello @mercurycreative,

You have posted another thread. I have forwarded that thread already to one of our developers for further investigation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Joshua,

I apologize for the delay in solving this issue for you. For now, I’ve installed a patched version of Cornerstone on your live site and staging site. We were able to correct the issue in a way that gets it working again on your site, but there are a few other changes I’d like to make under the hood before the official release to keep things working as smoothly as possible.

The version 5.1.0-e14c83e you are seeing is basically our current state of development which is a handful of commits ahead of the 5.0.11 release as we’re just getting into a new development cycle. You can safely update both sites to the next version via automatic updates, but that won’t be available for a few weeks.

Once again, sorry that we weren’t able to get this resolved sooner. At this point you should be in good shape until we do the next update.

Thank you @alexander!

We very much appreciate you getting this resolved and for the clear communication.

Please pass my thanks to everyone involved.

I have let the client know and I’ll report back if there are any further hiccups.

Best,
Joshua

Sounds good Joshua! You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.