Converting X to Pro

I’ve had an X license since 2015, before Pro existed, and a Pro license since 2018 (which I believe was X fisrt, then converted to Pro, but I am not sure). The X license always said “Convert to Pro for free”, but I never really needed it. I know it would have just been a click of a button, and I know that I would never use the X license as it is, but I would use Pro when necessary.
Now I wanted to convert it, but it sudddenly says “Convert your X license to Pro for just $49/yr”. When did this change? Why was I not notified that the option for a free tranfer to Pro would end? I feel cheated.

Hello @striata,

Thanks for writing in! Please advised that when we first launched the Pro theme, we had an offer to our existing X theme users to update to the Pro theme for free. This is why your other X theme license was upgraded to the Pro theme for free. Over the years and after several updates, our policy has changed, and also, the offer has expired. Now, we are offering just a $49/yr when you upgrade to Pro theme instead of paying for the Starter license. The Starter License for the Pro theme is bundled with Max, by the way. You can check out the rest of the new pricing of the Pro theme here:

Best Regards.

Thanks for your reply. I gathered as much. However, that was not really my question. My question was why the offer to upgrade from X to Pro for free has SILENTLY expired, while that possibility was available for many years. There was no indication whatsoever that there was a need to upgrade before a certain time, especially considering that Pro did not even exist yet when I bought the initial license.
I fully understand your decision to change the policy, but I do not understand your lack of informing your old customers about the change.

Hello @striata,

Regretfully, we do not announce the removal of every promotion and this one in particular ended several years ago.

Thank you for your understanding.