Convert single layout to archive layout

I’m wondering if there’s a way to do one of two things:

1. Convert a “single” layout to an “archive” layout, or
  2. Create a new archive layout but “clone” an existing single layout as its starting point

Specifically what I’m trying to do is create my search results layout, which I want to model on my ‘basic text’ (single) layout.

Possible? Thanks!

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, you can do that. Just go to your single layout and save the content as a template. After saving the template, you can now load that template to your archive layout.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Awesome, thanks!!

Hi Matt,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Actually, I need to open this back up. I saved my Single layout as a template. I created a new Layout and selected Archive. It opened up and indicated it was an Archive page upper left. But when I loaded the template I’d saved, it converted the layout (back) to a Single.

What I’m trying to do is create a search results page. I see on this thread I need co create an Archive page. On that thread it says to select Search results as a condition, but I don’t see that option, presumably because my layout’s been converted back to a Single, correct?

Once that’s working, then I build a Query looper provider
post_type=post&s='{{dc:query:search_query}}'
yes?

Hello Matt,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your layout settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the credentials, but you have multiple Single Layouts, can you let us know which Single layout is the one you want to replicate?

And I assume it’s the SearchRes that you want to assign to be the Search Result Layout, which I was able to assign (please see screenshot below)

Cheers,

You can see what’s happening in the movie here. I’m trying to use a template I created (per advice above) based on the Layout>Basic Text page. The name of the template is Basic Page. Once I use that as a template on the page you created, it switches from Archive to Single.

Hello Matt,

Instead of clicking the “Use Template”, you need to click the “Load Template” in the left panel.

The “Load Template” will load the saved template and will not alter the “ARCHIVE” layout.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That does work! A note for the UI team that those two choices ought to get you the same result…

Thanks again for the great support

You are most welcome Matt!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.