"Contact Form 7 is Not Active"

This same thread exists about this topic. But it has nothing to do with modern wordpress… The linked pages do not have anything in close to the same locations. All I did was select the contact forms available in X. They are called “Creative Contact Forms.” I applied them to entirely blank content, but in every case I get the same error:

“This element cannot render because Contact Form 7 is not active”

I do have the latest version of Wordpress & it is freshly installed.

Hello @derptacious,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that the Contact Form 7 plugin is installed and has been activated. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

1 Like

So I just selected the template in the “Design Cloud” - so I need a plugin too? I didn’t see that anywhere… Will try that now. Thanks.

Hello @derptacious

Yes, you need to install the Contact-form-7 plugin and activate it from the plugin list dashboard. After the Contact-form-7 plugin activation, you can install the “Creative Contact Forms” template from Design Cloud.

Thanks

Going a bit crazy… I did the following at least 5 times:

1. make sure the plugin is activated
  2. delete the page with the contact form
  3. recreate the contact page
  4. add the contact from 7 code to it
  5. see that the page looks fine
  6. try to use the page -> “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later”

I googled for a while and tried everything in this thread:

It is a yellow dialogue box. I see no validation messages or errors on the admin dashboard anywhere.

I also don’t see any wordpress errors or mysql errors in the output on the server.

Maybe there is a free contact form 7 alternative that works with X theme?

I’ve seen reports that certain domain names do not work with contact form 7 - is this true? Certain TLDs are not compatible?

I pretty much give up… This software is terrible.

So many total garbage threads like this with no solution & no real debugging help:

This doesn’t help me because I have basically no themes installed except what I mentioned in this thread. I have no other plugins.

More details:
– entirely fresh install of wordpress (latest version) using wordpress’ official docker image
– entirely fresh install of X (latest version)
– tried creating the contact form 7 first, then the page 2nd (and vice versa)
– searched everywhere for “validation” issues, which is what all websites say I have (none exist anywhere on dashboard)

Hello @derptacious

In order to help you with your concern. We need to check your settings, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Secure note added.

Hi @derptacious,

This has something to do with your server mail option. I suggest that you will WP Mail SMTP Plugin and configure all the requirements. For more details on how to fix your issue, please check this article.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

They should have mentioned that on debug for Contact Form 7. Yes, there were a few workarounds, but I needed to get SMTP server working. So their debug process is bogus with the yellow error message, etc…

It is good enough, but I just looked at the site without my browser’s dark mode extension… Ouch. Can I get the same theme in dark mode natively?
Thanks.

Hi @derptacious,

If you are using the integrity as stack there’s an option where you can set your design as dark mode.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.