Contact Form 7 can't be saved – redirects to 404 instead

Hi

I am trying to make a change to a form with Contact Form 7, but whenever I try to save my changes I get redirected to a 404 Page not Found error and my changes aren’t saved.

Here are the forms in question:

I am aware of the fact that the one form has extra tags that need to be removed, but I can’t remove them, because the form doesn’t want to save.

I haven’t added any js that could be causing issues, and my theme and plugins are up to date.

Anything else I can try?

Hi @designbythink,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have check all three URLs provided and found the Contact Form 7 is working fine.

https://www.arnistonhotel.com/conferences/ – Worked

https://www.arnistonhotel.com/contact-us/ – worked

https://www.arnistonhotel.com/contact-us/rate-your-stay/ – worked

If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hi

To clarify, the 404 redirect happens when I try to edit the form and save the settings in the admin section. NOT when I try to submit the form.

I click ‘save’ and then my changes aren’t saved, and I am redirected to Page Not Found.

Hi @designbythink,

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi, please see my comments to your suggestions below:

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE – I’ve checked, it’s not a theme conflict.
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT – I’ve checked, it’s not a plugin conflict.
  3. THEME UPDATE – Wordpress, all themes and all plugins are up to date.
  4. CHILD THEME – no edits have been made to the child theme.
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION – removing the custom CSS doesn’t fix the problem. I have no custom JS.
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY – I’m not experiencing any issues with my other X websites that have CF7 installed.

Hi @designbythink,

I check your back-end settings and I couldn’t find any settings that will trigger your contact form to redirect to the 404 page when you save the changes. There might be some configuration added in the wp-config.php or .htaccess files that cause the issue. With that said, I suggest that you copy your live to staging area to investigate further without breaking the live website when we do our testing. Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Staging Admin level username and password
  • Staging FTP access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.