Category Link Duplicated

Can you tell me why the “Devotionals” category link is duplicated on my blog page?

It used to have 3 distinct categories, now 1 of them is duplicated. I did not change anything to make this happen.

Hey Dedra,

Thanks for writing in! The credentials given in your previous threads no longer work. We can no longer log in and check your site. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site again so that we can check your Looper settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

added. Thanks for the help.

Hi Dedra,

The credential works this time, but it does not let us to investigate through the Admin Dashboard and showing the notice that Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.. I would request you to check once again and make sure that the user have the administrative privileges for further support.

Thanks

Sorry. I added the admin privileges now. Thanks

Hello Dedra,

You are having the issue because you have inserted an incorrect Looper provider. Please use the Terms (Minimal) element instead.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

OK. I see how that works. but I want to exclude a category ( Children’s Messages). How do I do that. When I switch to using the Query builder, which does allow for that exclusion, the duplications show up again.

Hello Dedra,

The Query Builder is used to output post items. What the query builder does is return the category of each post which is why it displays duplicate categories. The first one is the category of the first post, the second one is the category of the second post, and so on. This is not the way to display all the categories. You have to use the Terms element to display it. Regretfully this element does not have an option that you can exclude a selected category. What you can do is to set a condition in the text element that if the category is “Children’s Message”, it will not display it.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.