Category display & menue

Good evening!

This is a link to a specific category:

https://www.zestandpurpose.com/category/sharon-thayer/

1. I don’t want the ‘categories archive’ to be displayed but the name of the category should be Sharon Thayer . How can I achieve that?

2. I want the categories to be displayed with an image in the same row where the image is smaller than it is now. How can I do that?

3. How can I get rid of the icon next to the blog post? (2. text) The others are all pages not blog posts and I want them to look the same.

4. I want this menue to be displayed in bold. How can I do this?
    https://www.zestandpurpose.com/20-benefits-of-reading-to-your-child/

5. How can I create a proper introduction for the page to be displayed with the category selection and avoid that the menue is displayed like ‘ABOUT MEBLOGSHOP’ or ‘ABOUT ME, ABOUT ME,…’ in the description of the individual page intro?

Thanks a lot!!!

Nimue

Hi Nimue,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

1. To change the Archive Title, navigate to Admin > Posts > Categories and edit your category. You’ll see the editable fields, just give your category a title in the Archive Title field.

2. You want to display image and content in the same row? If this is the case then it would require custom development which is regretfully outside the support scope we offer. You may wish to consul a developer to assist you with this.

3. To remove the icon from the post titles, you can add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.entry-title:before {
    content: '' !important;
}
  1. To display the menu in bold, edit your Navigation element in cornerstone, go to Top Links tab from the breadcrumbs, under Primary Text Format set the Font Weight to bold:

1. I’m not entirely certain what you want to achive at this moment, would you mind providing a little more clarification perhaps some screenshots will help in understanding the problem.

Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Thanks!

Hi Nabeel,

1. Instead of the text which is displayed right now… (which is just gibberish)

I want to have a proper description: Like the beginning of the blog post for example.or a way to manually add a short introduction for a specific blog or post.

1. I just saw that the image turns brown when I hover over them and a link icon appears and I can’t find a way to turn them off. How do I do that?

2. There is this thin grey line around each image - how can I turn this off?

Thank you so much!
Nimue

Hi Nimue,

Please find the answers to your questions below.

1. It is the Excerpt.The Excerpt is an optional text associated with a Post, and the WordPress generates plain text when displaying excerpts, it will remove all shortcodes and HTML in it. I would suggest you add the Excerpt manually.

NOTE: To add the Excerpt manually Edit the post and scroll to the very top and click Screen Options, make sure the Excerpt toggled is on and then scroll down and find the Excerpt meta box section and there, add your text excerpt.

1. To remove the color while hovering the image, you need to add the following custom CSS code into the Theme Options > CSS.

a.entry-thumb:hover
    {
    background: none!important;
    }
    .entry-thumb:before
    {
    display: none!important;
    }
    a.entry-thumb:hover img
    {
    opacity: 1!important;
    }

2. To remove the border from the image, you need to add the following custom CSS code into the Theme Options > CSS.

.entry-featured
    {
    border: none!important;
    }

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

Thank you, I found it!
only one thing is still left - in the categories there is a mixture of pages and posts. How do I add an excerpt for the pages?

Nimue

Hi Nimue,

To add the Excerpt option into the pages, please add this line to your child theme’s functions.php.

add_post_type_support( 'page', 'excerpt' );

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I use the code snippet plugin (I’m a bit afraid of the functions.php file)
But it doesn’t display any exercpts.

I used this snippet:

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

Did I do anything wrong?

Hello Nimue,

You need to add the above code in the active child theme functions.php file. It is a PHP code so you can not add script tag as you have shared in the screenshot. The script tag is used for Javascript code. In case if you are using the Snippet plugin you can directly paste the code without the script tag.

Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Thanks for understanding

Thank you so much!!!

You are most welcome Nimue!

Hi there!

1. I now added the excerpts like desccribed above and it works really fine. Except that it doesn’t show any links to click on after the excerpts.
    https://www.zestandpurpose.com/category/sharon-thayer/

Something like ‘Read more…’ How can I do that?

1. Is there a way to not show the tags beneath the different articles or blog posts?

i mean this one: grafik

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi @nimue_fichtenbauer,

1.) To add a link or read more button to the excerpt will require some customization and customization is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your issue or you can convert your X to Pro because there’s a functionality called Layout Builder where you can customize your blog and archives pages.

Layout Builder:

Converting X to Pro:

2.) To remove the tags, please add this CSS code in your X > Theme Options > CSS. Please note that custom CSS code is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom CSS code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

.x-iso-container article .entry-footer {
	display: none;
}

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.