Can't use Customizer error: There has been a critical error on this website

I’ve taken all of the troubleshooting steps in this post:

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

And I still get the error. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi @danwedin,

Thanks for reaching out!

Since you are done with the basic troubleshooting procedures and the issue still persists, would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can take a closer look? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Cheers!

Hello @danwedin,

I have investigated your site and I am seeing this error:

`Notice: Trying to get property ‘ID’ of non-object in /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-nav-menus.php on line 804

Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Illegal widget setting ID: nav_menu_item[] in /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/customize/class-wp-customize-nav-menu-item-setting.php:171 Stack trace: #0 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-nav-menus.php(818): WP_Customize_Nav_Menu_Item_Setting->_construct(Object(WP_Customize_Manager), ‘nav_menu_item[]’, Array) #1 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): WP_Customize_Nav_Menus->customize_register(Object(WP_Customize_Manager)) #2 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php(933): do_action(‘customize_regis…’, Object(WP_Customize_Manager)) #5 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): WP_Customize_Manager->wp_loaded(’’) #6 /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP in /home/erniesapron/public_html/wp-includes/customize/class-wp-customize-nav-menu-item-setting.php on line 171`

This could be caused by invalid Term or Invalid entry in your database. Please check out this article to. be able to resolve this:

If you are not familiar with databases, it is best that you contact your hosting provider and ask for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Thank you. I’m working with my hosting provider to fix this.

You are most welcome, @danwedin.
Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.