Critical error when customizing the theme

I am trying to customize X theme and got a critical error. I contacted the hosting service and was told that it is a theme error. Please help and please tell me how to add my logo to the header. I used to be able to do it when customizing the theme.

Hi @eutaw,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affect your website when customizing the theme.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Marc_a, thanks for answering. I updated the theme and I am no longer getting the critical error. However, when I go to Pages and click ‘Edit with Cornerstone’, I am not taken to Cornerstone. Instead I go to a block builder. I also go to the same block builder when I click Appearance -> Customize -> Customize X in Theme Options instead of going to the Customizer. Please help!!

Hi @eutaw,

There might be a few different reasons behind the issue you are having. Like my colleague, I would also suggest you troubleshot a few common issues on this.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

(1) I have just begun to build this website and have added only two plugins, Really Simple SSL and a Coming Soon page. I deactivated Coming Soon and have the same issue. (2) The theme is at its latest level. I just installed it. (3) I have not added any CSS/JS Customization. Url and login information are in the first post of this series, and I have included it again. Thanks for your help. I have used this theme many times on other websites and have never had this issue. Your help is appreciated.

Hey There,

I’ve resolved your issue by resaving the permalink settings. All the best!

Thank you very much!!

You are most welcome @eutaw!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.