Can't copy and translate the layout of Global Footer with WPML

Hi there
I have an issue with translating my global footer. When I Go there I can see the flags but I have to redo the layout all over again for each language. If I try to copy the global one and try to translate that specific layout it doesn’t give me the option.

Website is www.cleliamattana.com (In Italian with English and German Translations)
I have the latest version of Pro and WPML

Thanks!

Hello @klelietta,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be some issues with the WPML settings, to check that can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi, Thanks! I’ve put the secure note on the first message.

Hi @klelietta,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please follow this ticket to translate the Global block.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Hi, I actually read more than one ticket before opening mine. Nothing seems to work. I used templates, saved them, tried to translate, and when I’m on that page nothing shows up.

Here are the screenshots. I made the Italian one as a template, then used it on the English page, I click on translate and there is no option.
And there is no option to translate the Italian one either.

Hello @klelietta,

You will need to copy the existing Italian footer. Do not use the “Start Blank” button.

I went ahead and copied the existing Italian footer to both English and German. Kindly check the footer copy now.

Hi, thanks for trying but still I can’t seem to make it work.
Here is what I see if I try to translate the global footer:

Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 12.04.53 PM

No German Available.
Then I went to the German flag of a copy I made and I was able to edit it but since I can’t make it global , it doesn’t appear on the live version in German.

Am I missing something? I can’t translate the global footer into German or all the other languages will hav a German Footer. Is there a “path” to do that step by step? it’s all VERY confusing.

Hello @klelietta,

Since you do not have a German translation yet, you need to copy the existing Italian version first and then use the Italian footer layout to start your footer translation because if you “Start Blank”, it would mean that you will have to recreate the footer layout from scratch adding bars, containers and elements again. That is why you will have to select the “Copy Existing” which would mean that you copy the Italian footer layout first and then do the German translation.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.