Wpml global blocks etc

Hi there,
we are using lawyer demo as a template for our website https://implantatynivy.eu. We are working on english version using WPML plugin. Actually we are unable to use wpml translations in global blocks, topbar content, blog title / subtitle. Please can you help us.

Thanks Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you are not able to see any language switcher in Global Blocks that means it is not translatable.
In order to make those translatable please find the Global Blocks option under the WPML > Settings.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I 've changed the settings as you suggested. Language switcher is now available but after switching the language there’s an option to copy existing page or start blank. Each time it starts blank after we chosen copy existing so there is no content in english version to translate.

Thanks
Michael

Hey Michael,

We’re sorry if this wasn’t mentioned but the Global Blocks are not yet translatable though I understand that the interface for translation is available.

What you can do for now is save the global block as a template using the Template Manager. You then load the template in a new global block and add each global block to each respective page.

A solution for this might be available in one of the coming theme updates.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,
many thanks for your reply. We did as you suggest but unfortunatelly the global block in en version in missing. Instead of it is - This Global Block does not have any content.

Thanks
Michael

Hey Michael,

Did you follow everything I said? If not, please review my previous response.

I just tested what I suggested in your site and it works. Please watch the video in the secure note.

I’m sorry I had to create test pages in your site in order to demonstrate that what I suggested works.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,
thank you very much for you reply. I understand your steps and many thanks for your video but as you can see in the print screen I’m unable to edit global block in footer of existing english version in cornerstone builder.

Thanks
Michael

Hey @compania123,

The footer of the Lawyer demo was added via a footer widget specifically the Footer 1. That means you need to translate the Footer 1 widget.

You can learn how to translated a widget here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/. But, if you can’t make it work, you need to contact WPML support to learn how to translate widgets so you can replace the Global Blocks shortcode in there with the English version.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to Pro and use the Pro Footer as it’s readily translatable unlike the widgets.

Hope that helps.

1h

Many thanks. Problem solved. My last issue is with blog site. How can we edit blog title / subtitle which is a part of Theme options/Integrity?

Thanks Michael

Hi Michael,

To change the Blog Title and Blog Subtitle, please go to Theme Options > Integrity and change the “BLOG TITLE” & “BLOG SUBTITLE”.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.