Cannot put portfolio items in Draft mode

I am using the X theme. When I go to X–>Portfolio, I put posts into Draft mode by clicking on Quick Edit, change Published to Draft and click on Update.

As I continue to put other posts into Draft mode it looks fine.
However, if I click View on any post item, All the drafts are changed to Published
Can you please help me retain the Draft status on these posts?
Thank you
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have tried to replicate your issue in the local environment, but it does not happen. Can you please provide a few more information like a screenshot with a marked issue or any videos that will help us to diagnose the problem and the steps to replicate the issue?

Thanks

Hello Tristup
I am sorry. When I read your reply, I went back to view my Portfolio and the items were marked as Draft. I tried marking other items as Draft and when I viewed something the ones I just changed to Draft changed back to Published i.e. not draft. The original ones that now said Draft, still were Draft.
I left the page and waited a while. When I went back the new items had changed back to Draft. So, I guess this works, in a way.
There is a problem, though. When I go to my website and view the portfolio, I can see all the posts that are marked as Draft.
I should not see any posts marked as Draft. Right?
I have checked for a cause of this but have been unable to find any
I would appreciate it if you have any suggestions
Thank you
Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, you shouldn’t see your draft post on your portfolio page. To better help you with your issue, we need to check the backend of your website. Please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello William,

I have logged in to your site and I still cannot replicate the issue.

Once you have successfully set the portfolio item as Draft, you can only Preview it. The “View” link is only available to published items.

Ruenel
Thank you for looking.
I just checked it and it still does not seem to be right.
I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
I go to billswebsite.online/wp-admin
I click on Pages
I click on Folio–> view
When I do this, I see all the portfolio posts that are marked as Draft. Before I created the Under Construction page, I clicked on the menu with the same results.
I don’t think this is correct. I think the only way I should see these Draft Portfolio Posts is to Preview the page.
As a side note, just so you know ( I do not expect you to consider this a request. This is fyi. ----I initially used the x-theme under construction page provided. At first it was ok. However, when I looked back it was not there. When I looked back at the page, the under construction item said “installed and activated” but it was not showing on the website. So, I created my own page) .
I hope I am not confusing things by letting you know about the under construction page.

My priority is to get the Portfolio page working correctly. Since when you looked it was ok, there is probably not much we can do but I wanted to check with you just in case

Thank you again
Bill

Hello Bill,

I have checked your pages and I see the portfolio page entitled “Folio”.

Yes, it is displaying the portfolio items and those items was not in draft mode.

It is displaying the " Time Lapse of a Drawing" and the “Keyhole Arch” item. The rest is coming from your page 2 and 3 of the portfolio items (Portfolio > Portfolio > Page 2/3). You have duplicate portfolio items and those duplicates are the ones that display in the Folio page.

By the way, the under-construction extension can be activated and the settings can be tweaked in X > Under Construction. For more details, kindly check this out:

Best Regards.

Ruenel
Thank you very much for pointing out the extra pages.
I do feel pretty stupid and embarrassed right now. I did not think to look for extra pages.
Who would have guessed that they would fill three pages with the same photos? :slight_smile:

For the under construction, I have tried all the setting, etc but it doesn’t stay. I created my own page. That will suffice. I don’t need to bother you. You are busy enough

I am wondering if you could point me to an article that explains how to move a post from the portfolio page to the regular post page. I tried but the image is not appearing on the post page and I can’t find an article to explain it.
If I should put in a new request for this, please let me know
Thank you again
Bill
Thank you again

Hello @Billr,

It is not possible to move the Portfolio post to Blog posts since both are different type of posts. Portfolio posts are custom post type posts. You can manually copy content and set Featured image in the Blog posts.

Thanks

Prakash
thank you for your reply. However, as I indicated in my previous post to this question, I cannot find anything on the forum, or google, that explains how to manually move this content to the Blog. Also I am not sure how I would set this as the Featured image since it is not a stand-alone image. It is part of this portfolio post.
I did try to intuitively move the content i.e. referenced the video in the blog post, but I could not get anything to work.
I would appreciate any additional information you could provide on how to move the content manually and set the Featured image even though it is embedded in the Portfolio blog post.
Thank you
Bill

Hello William,

Please be advised that all portfolio items can only be displayed on the portfolio page or any page that uses the “Layout - Portfolio” page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

A post does not have the same structure as the portfolio item which is why it is not possible to move a portfolio item to become a post. You will have to do it manually by creating a new post and copying and pasting the contents of the portfolio item into the post content. The display of the featured image of the portfolio page is different when you check the blog index because they do not have the same structure. What you can do is use Post Formats so that it will be displayed differently in the blog index. To under Post Format and how it is integrated on the theme, kindly check out these links:

If there’s anything else, we can help you with, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.