Can I increase the width of the header (logo and menu items) without increasing the width of the site?

I need to have the logo on this particular site be as far left in the header as I can get it due to a video background the client wants on his site. There’s a solid color graphic in the video that is in the top left corner and I need to position their logo into it, and not have it be part in and part out of this solid color section.

Is there a way of pushing the logo out to the left, widening the header spacing, but not increase the width of the content of the site itself?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can try the by setting the Content Layout value to Fullwidth and Site Width value to 100% from Theme Options > Layout and Design. Then set the Section right and left margin to adjust width of the content.

Theme Options -

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks Tristup,

I noticed that under Site Max Width setting there is a content width setting, but the setting is based upon a percentage. Could I just reduce that percentage to keep the content more “centered” on the site? What is that percentage based upon…% of what exactly? In order to get that logo over enough, I set the site width to 100% and site max width to 1600px. The content width is still at the default 72%. I haven’t gotten to the point of creating content yet (still working on their above the fold lander), but would just like to know if adjusting that content width percentage is the key.

Thanks!

Hello @444media,

Did you set the Content Layout for “Fullwidth”? If you did not, you will have to edit your page and use the Blank - No Container | Header, Footer page template instead. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.