Can I add a Global Block into topbar?

Looks like I forgot how to set up the Topbar… lol

Can I add a Global Block shortcode into topbar?

How do I config the topbar?

Tks

Link: https://www.update.repairhomeservice.com/

Hello Robert,

Thanks for writing in!

The Topbar can be enabled in Cornerstone > Theme Options > Headers > Miscellaneous > Topbar. Regretfully the Topbar Content only accepts plain text. It will not render any shortcode. Perhaps, old thread can help you:

Best Regards.

How can I customize that sections?

Hello Robert,

You can customize all content as per yr design from the Global block since you would get the builder there in the Global block. You need to enable the Topbar from the Theme Option then you can create the Global Block then you need to copy the shortcode of the Global block and paste it into the **Cornerstone > Theme Options > Headers > Miscellaneous > Topbar content **

Theme-Options-Pro (6)

In case you are pointing to something else please let us know.

Hope it helps
Thanks

That did the trick. However, I try to get an image as the background of a section and the image options are not there.

I can’t find how to change to Advanced Mode as state on Adding a section background image

Hey Robert,

The advanced mode is already deprecated and to set a background image in a section, you just need to click the advanced checkbox then you will see the option to add a background image.

Hope that helps.

got it. Tks

Hey Guys. Help again. How do I keep all/or any content inside my topbar to the right on my webpage? It seems anything I do inside this Global Block does not take effect!

https://www.update.repairhomeservice.com/

Hello Robert,

Normally, the Topbar content will only accept plain text all because the output will be wrap with a paragraph <p> HTML tag. Now that you have inserted a Global Block shortcode, the resulting output will become invalid and no longer acceptable.

What makes it invalid? You are not suppose to insert <div> elements inside a paragraph <p> HTML tag. It may display the global block but sooner or later issues will arise. To prevent this fom happening, you will have to insert your shortocde like this:
</p>[cs_gb name="custom_test"]<p>

And then in your Global Block > Section > Row > Size element setting , make sure to disable the Global Container then set the width to 100%.

This is to make sure that your global block will expand to the width of the topbar content area.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hey Ruenel, Tks for your help and the well-explained reason why! I followed your direction and indeed works great when you are viewing in the Theme platform BUT it does not reflect in the browser.

Let me know if you had was a typo

You " </p>[cs_gb name="custom_test"]<p>"
I believe the correct is " <p>[cs_gb name="custom_test"]</p>"

Is there anything else we can do ? Can I write the whole thing as HTML with build-in CSS and replace the Global Block?

Hello Robert,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Let me know,

Thanks Guys.

Hello Robert,

This is the default output of the Topbar:

As you can see, the Topbar content is already wrapped with the <p> HTML tags. If your put a <div> HTML tag, it will become invalid. Please see the example below:

<p class="p-info"><div>Topbar Content</div></p>

This output is no longer valid which is why I have suggested that you begin your code with the closing </p> HTML tag and end it with an opening <p> HTML tag so that the HTML output will become valid like this:

I have investigated your issue and it turns out that the Theme Options is stripping away the styling of the global block. This means that you cannot add the Global Block shortcode as the Topbar Content at the moment. You may need to use custom HTML/CSS coding instead.

If ever you want to avoid custom coding, we highly recommend that you upgrade to the Pro theme. With the Pro Theme’s Header Builder feature, you will be able to design a custom header adding any element that you want to display in your site’s header. To get started with the upgrade, please check out this documentations:

For the Header Builder:

Best Regards.

Well explained. Okay, I will take a look at the links provided and see what is the benefits to upgrade.

Great News. Please feel free to create another thread if you need any further information.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.