Breakpoints difference between item setting and page view in Safari

Hi support. I have a problem in Safari Mac (14.0.3) since the update of Pro or Big Sur (OS 11). The breakpoints do not react at the same width in the preview pane.

I have read this topic Preview Size And Breakpoints bug

My browser’s zoom level is 100%. Do you know if there is a fix? I have searched in the Safari settings without success.

The problem is the same on the MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) or on my second screen VP2650wb screen The two are at 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Chrome and Firefox display breakpoints correctly.

Hello @philippe11,

Thanks for reaching out. I am using the same OS and browser and it is working on my end.

Can you please take a screenshot and send it to us? In the meantime, be advised that if you have a smaller screen like 1280, do not expect to have the same results because the preview area will be much smaller since you will have the left panel + the preview pane.

Try to undock the workspace if you want to have a wider preview pane instead.

Hope this helps.

Hi @ruenel. This Navigation Inline element is setted to be hidden from Med to SX

When the preview is set to LG it display the MD view

Hey @philippe11,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel. I guess this is a Safari problem because I have this bug with all my Pro websites. Remember, on the same computer Chrome and Firefox does not have this display problem.

I have tried to flush all website data and cache. I have also tried to delete all Safari .plist files and system folders without success.

I have also tried to install Safari Technology Preview Release 120 (Safari 14.2, WebKit 16612.1.2.6) and this is the same problem.

Then I have created a new user and this instance of Safari is correct. So there is a file somewhere in my session that is responsible for that.

Hi @philippe11,

Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup. Done.

Hey @philippe11,

I checked your site on Safari 14 and the preview is correct.

The issue could be specific to MacBook Pro VP2650wb screen with 1680 x 1050 resolution. Regretfully, we don’t have that specific device but I’ll post this in our issue tracker so that if there’s a chance we could test in a real device, we might discover the cause of the issue.

For now, please use Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.