Preview Size And Breakpoints bug

Preview Size and Breakpoint are not mapping correctly during edit and making it near impossible to design header correctly.

Have checked the issue by hiding and unhiding screen sizes. For example, the MEDIUM preview shows the LARGE breakpoint. This happens also with SMALL preview showing the MEDIUM breakpoint size.

Please help!

Hey @stuartmurphy ,

Thanks for reaching out.

This could happen if your browser’s zoom level is way up like 175%. The Preview Breakpoint, particularly the Tablet, Laptop, and Desktop previews could not be applied anymore and what you’re actually previewing is the landscape mobile preview.

Another cause of this is if you’re using a small screen.

If you’re using a Full HD screen and your zoom level is 100%, please give us the Operating System and browser name and version number and we’ll investigate further.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Still doing the same. Browser always set to 100%. I’ve just done a quick check by going through the screen sizes and they definately don’t show corresponding changes in layout as you go through them (slowly of course!). They jump inconsistently.

Browser used: Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Browser Zoom 100% (tried full screen mode and non full screen mode F11./ Tried going up/down zoom levels)
Currently editing Windows 10 - 20H2 version
Screen used BENQ PD3200U - 32 Inch version 4K/UHD IPS Monitor

Hope this helps!

Hi Marc,

I may well have found the problem - this is really useful to know:

Because the screen is natively 3840 x 2160, the manufacturer recommends using 150% change size of text, apps and other settings as the standard setting. I had changed this to 175% because some of the navigation on some Adobe apps looked really small. 100% looks so small that you would need a microscope to view it).

Anyway, from changing 175% to 150% (manufacturer’s recommended setting) the problem has resolved and I can now see everything running smoothly between view size to breakpoint size. Amazing!

Can you please let me know why this happens? Thanks Marc,

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Glad that you are able to find the reason behind the issue. This might be due to the magnification of the browser window, we strongly recommend sticking the actual size.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.