Breadcrumbs show "Blog" but there's no blog page - how do I change that?

Hey there!

I have looked for a solution but unfortunately I couldn’t find anything that worked. Here’s the deal: I have X Pro with Icon stack. I have a page called “Newsroom” (blog page) and I load the posts with “the grid” to have filter functionality. The breadcrumbs show Home > Blog > Post Title instead of Home > Newsroom > Post Title. How can I change that?

Thanks so much for your help!

Umberto

Hello @umbertofederico,

Thanks for writing to us.

By default, it would show the Blog page title, please make sure you have set the blog page from the WordPress —>Settings—>Readings----Post Page . In case you have set the Post page and it is still not working, in that case, we need to check your settings please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I don’t wanna define the blog page within Wordpress because then I can’t style the page to my needs nor use the grid plugin to pull the data. Isn’t there another way to define how the blog page is named? I mean - where is that string defined? I’ve looked through all the settings but it doesn’t say “Blog” anywhere…not in my page title nor in the slug.

Hello @umbertofederico,

You can go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Stack > Blog Options, and change the “Blog Title” to blank by leaving it empty. This title is also being used in your breadcrumb.

If you want to totally remove the “Blog” in your breadcrumb, please check out these old threads:

By the way, if you are using the Pro theme, you can go to Cornerstone > Layout Builder and create a custom archive layout for your blog index. You can then assigned the layout to your blog index or archive pages. If you are not familiar with the layout builder yet, please do check out this documentations first:

Best Regards.

Good morning.

I am using Icon as stack - I don’t see the option to change the blog title. And I don’t want to completely remove the “blog” in my breadcrumbs - I just want it to say “Newsroom” as is the name of the page for the posts…

Hi @umbertofederico,

I have checked your staging server and found the breadcrumb is working fine. You have mentioned that it same across the site, can you please give us a screenshot to recognize it.

Thanks

Hey sorry - I deleted the last post as I managed to get it to work. Sorry for not letting you know.

Hi @umbertofederico,

Glad to know that it worked.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.