Breadcrumbs missing on posts

Hi,

I created a new category called “pronosticos” and assigned it to a new post. The breadcrumbs aren’t showing for it though? Do you know why that is? I haven’t published the post yet since it’s not ready and I’m finishing all the technical stuff before.

This is the URL settings I have in the wordpress backend:

Do you know what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Pontus,

Thanks for writing in! The category normally does not display in the breadcrumbs. It should display the Blog Index instead. It is not showing at the moment because in Cornerstone > Theme Options > Stack > Blog Options, the “Title” is blank. If you want to display the category or subcategory in the breadcrumbs, please check out this old thread instead:

Be advised that PHP coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thanks, I added the title in the blog options and now the breadcrubs shows. It does however link to the homepage, I was planning to modify that page in the builder to add some nice designs and also show the latest blog posts, is that possible?

Hi Pontus,

You can create an Archive layout using the Layout Builder and can assign it to the Category you want by using the Assignment conditions. I would also suggest you go through the following article on the Layout Builder.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi again

Alright, I’ll do that, but will that fix the problem that the category link in the breadcrumbs is going to the homepage?

Hello Pontus,

Please allow us to check the site. As I have mention, categories do not appear in the breadcrumb. If it does and that it links to the homepage, you might have miss something or an issue has occurred in your current site set up. We would love to investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you.

Hi,

I added you as a user, please note that it might not be possible for you to save all functions as we are integrated on another server that prevents certain calls.

Hello Pontus,

The given credentials is not working for us. Please double-check it.

Thanks.

Hi agian,

Sorry, I just forgot that our partner would need to whitelist your ip which I don’t think they will do.

Can we instead proceed with me checking on your suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Pontus,

You can go with the suggestions given by us, but to find the root cause of the issue we need to investigate your website.

Thanks

Hi again,

I answered in a secure note.

Hello There,

Regretfully we have several staff working across the globe in different time shift. We may not be able to give you an exact IP to whitelist. Please send us the details instead so that I (or other staff) can modify the host file and be able to access your site and continue the investigation of the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

I understand, I added more info in a secure note.

Hi Pontus,

I have checked the specific page and found the breadcrumb is showing properly with the category Pronósticos. If that is not correct, please explain a bit more about it for further investigation.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 142127

Thanks

Hi,

The problem is that the breadcrumb is linking to the homepage, and not the category page.

Hi Pontus,

I have checked the link and it is showing the Home Page URL as you described here. I went ahead for further investigation in the WordPress admin dashboard but unfortunately, no menu items are accessible and redirected to the #defender-security option under the profile page. Can you please check and let us know for further investigation?

Thanks

Hi,

I temporarily disabled the plugin

Hi again,

I had to reactivate the plugin, can you please elaborate on the error message you got? Maybe I can adjust the plugin instead.

Hi Pontus,

The menu items are still not accessible and redirected to the User Profile page

Thanks

Hi again,

I think the problem was that I had 2FA actiavted. Please try again as I disabled it.