Breadcrumbs finally working, now google complaines: breadcrumb 'name' of 'item.name' must be specified

Hello,

Finally, my breadcrumbs are working as I require, now google starts nagging…

Is this still the same issue as in these threads:

If so, any ETA for a fix? If not, what can be the issue?

Hello Ruud,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the issue tracker and this one is already closed. It may have been integrated on one of the release updates. Please make sure that you are using the latest version. If the issue still exists in your installation, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hello Rue,

I did some more research. Below is a source part of a store page:

At the arrow point, the name field seems empty.

Can this be due to the factor that we do not have a page: “https://evolinestore.com/store/shop/
Meaning the “shop” part. Our shop basis is “\store”
To be able to use our store the way we require, we cannot fill in the “shop-page” in the Woo settings.

I’m guessing that X-pro relies on the Woo setting being filled with a fixed page? If this setting not filled, might that be the reason for this error? If so, any workaround?

Hey Ruud,

You can assign a shop page.

And also, please make sure that you have inserted the Shop Title in Pro > Theme Options > Stack > Shop Options.

Hope this helps.

Hello Rue,

Thanks for your response.

The options are correctly filled:

The issue seems to be assigning the shop page. If I do so, Woo throws in their own design. This is not what we like, we have created a nice layout via the builder but Woo completely ignores that.

Or is there a way to assign a store home to Woo and assign a layout from the builder…?

Hello Ruud,

You cannot use a normal page design for the shop or product archive pages. You need to go to Pro > Layouts. Create a WC Archive custom layout and assign the layout to your shop and product archives. For more details about the Layout Builder, please check this out:

Best Regards.

Hello Rue,

I do understand the methodology for setting up layouts/pages. Unfortunately, the “standard” Woo method results in a very unattractive situation. Let me explain this better by some examples below.

1. Using a layout for the condition shop AND setting the shop page in Woo results in an “empty” page when selected directly or via the breadcrumbs.
    2021-02-19_10-53-41

Once a category is selected from the presented list, all works fine but not initially.

Since this is not a great way to present our store, we have created a better alternative. This works well when leaving the Woo setting blank:
2021-02-19_11-00-44

Resulting in the page below:

But, leaving the Woo setting empty seems to result in the issue which started this thread. I tried all kinds of different combinations to conditions to combine the layout to a page combination except “Shop”.
2021-02-19_11-09-58
Unfortunately, none of them gives the required solution…

Hello Ruud,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your layout and WooCommerce settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.