Best way to move some pages from one X website into a Subfolder in another X website?

Hi guys - I have a head scratcher and would love your thoughts. I have a couple of education sites:

site1.com, and
site2.com

I’m looking to consolidate the content into 1 site, which effectively means moving all the pages on site2 into a subfolder of site1 (i.e. site1com/site2) [and then 301 the whole of site2]

Is there a better way to achieve this, than by manually creating all the links, then downloading the pages in X and re-uploading the pages in the new subfolder? That’s kind of all I can think of, and also a nightmare and come to think of it I don’t think it’ll work with the page media, etc.

Please use your massive brains to help me!

Thanks team

Hi @rosstqz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can save your pages as Templates (see https://theme.co/docs/template-manager#how-to-save-the-templates) and download them to your computer. You can then import the saved templates to your other site (see https://theme.co/docs/template-manager#how-to-use-the-template-manager)

If you want to migrate the entire site then you can follow Moving site from staging subdomain to root

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Is there a way to save templates between domains with different instances of X?

I can only see templates from a single site in template manager at any one time.

What Im trying to achieve is a common set of sections that I use frequently that would be useful for any new site.

Thanks,

Hey Will,

The only way to do it for now is to download the template in the Template Manager and it will give you the .tco file. Then you will have to go to the other X site’s template manager then import the .tco file and that template will then be available in that website.

These steps should be in the Template Manager documentation @nabeel sent previously.

Hope this helps.

It does thanks. Sorry I should have read the reply more carefully!

It would be great to save templates to an account and then have templates available across all sites that fall under an account.

Just a suggestion :slight_smile:

Hi Will,

Thank you for your suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.