Moving site from staging subdomain to root

Hi,

I have been searching the forums related to the topic and I’ve found the below in many threads:

It should be a guide how to migrate the site correctly but the link is redirecting me to:

Does such guide exist still somewhere? I already tried to move the site manually and the site was broken. Fortunately I was able to restore a backup.

Hi @ollipo,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry about that broken link, our new docs are still on work, we might have lost that link in the process. For now please follow this Step-by-Step Guide provided here, I know it says “Site to a New Host” but you can still follow that same process, except for the Step 7 (Defining New Domain & Search/Replace Old Domain), for the step 7 follow this process instead, Better Search Replace plugin is more reliable on migrating pages built in Cornerstone/Content Builder.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after migration. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Seems like I managed to migrate the site somehow but “Smash Balloon Instagram Feed” plugin is not working anymore. Chrome console gives an error:

x.js?ver=7.2.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘on’ of undefined
at x.js?ver=7.2.1:1
at HTMLDocument. (x.js?ver=7.2.1:1)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

Something wrong with js? Site is jasminkauneushoitola.fi, and the Instagram plugin is at jasminkauneushoitola.fi/galleria/

Could you help?

Hi @ollipo,

It shows up now,

Deactivating and reactivating the Cornerstone seems to do the trick. You might also need to that to other plugins if you notice issues with it.

Also, resave your Settings > Permalinks to make sure to reindex your permalinks.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot friech!

Oops, seems like I celebrated too early. I made couple of cosmetic changes to the front page, resaved permalinks and now the Instagram plugin is broken again. Deactivating and reactivating Cornerstone or Instagram plugin doesn’t help.

Hello @ollipo,

Thanks for updating in! Can you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 7.2.2
  • Cornerstone 4.2.2

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And then please have your custom JS code updated and use this instead:

/* jQuery(window).scroll(function () {
	jQuery(".page").css("background-position","50% " + (jQuery(this).scrollBottom() / 2) + "px");
	});
jQuery(window).bind('scroll', update);
update(); */

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel,

I find no difference between the JS code you suggested and what is on the site? And actually, the site only has this code at the front page and it is commented out so it should have no effect? It is commented out because I wasn’t able get rid of the background image shifting at the beginning of scrolling. However, I deleted the whole JS code from the site for now.

I updated X Theme and Cornerstone and now the plugin is working again. I will get back to you guys if the problem comes back. Thanks!

Hi @ollipo,

Yes please, but we kindly ask to write that new issue on a separate thread as this one is getting longer and is getting mix up.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.