Appearance > Menu Incredibly Slow

The nav-menus.php is really slow in both loading and editing. I have done the usual turn everything off along with the theme. I do not have an abundance of menu items. Is there an eta or any help for a resolution on this. I can provide credentials to the site if you need to see an example.

Hi @getabsolute,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you have several menu items. Most of the time, if you have more than 20 menu items, WordPress will become slower in loading the items in Appearance > Menus . To get this resolve, you need to increase your PHP input max value and the PHP maximum execution limit. You may need to check out this links:

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This did not work. Although there may be a wrinkle here. Two of us are having a problem where a third coworker is not.

Hey @getabsolute,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

For the meantime, It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Theme Update
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Increasing PHP Memory Limit

Best Regards.

@getabsolute,

I tried to access your website and go to Appearance > Menus, then edit the Main(Primary Menu), the menu is not so slow, I can edit the menu without any hassle, I suggest the you will let the ubermenu load first before to attempting to edit the menu, see the video I posted on the secure note.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.