Appearance, Menu Duplication and Resource Hog

The Appearance > Menu page is, and has been, a complete nightmare for several months now. Cornerstone is in some way the culprit. When active, Cornerstone adds “Graphic Display” to the menu item. However, it seems to be caught in some call cycle for the “Graphic Display”. BUT it doesn’t just duplicate-call “Graphic Display,” it duplicate-calls any resource adding functionality to the Appearance > Menu page. (see attachment for visual example).

Disabling Cornerstone fixes the problem. Disabling every other plugin does not fix the problem. A clean install of Xtheme/Cornerstone exhibits the same problems, so I am sure it’s not an issue with my install. I’ve not been able to have any error messages display in the console or with debug turned on.

This affects the following forum user as well: https://theme.co/forum/t/appearance-menu-incredibly-slow/77331. I read on one post a while ago that this was a known issue and was being fixed, but nothing seems to have been done about it.

Is this a deal breaker? No, but when you’re doing massive overhauls to your menu structure with 30+ pages, it is really frustrating and increases my working time by x4.

Hey @MontreatDesigner,

We’re sorry for the confusion in the other thread. This is a known issue and right now, our development team suggests that you deactivate Cornerstone temporarily if you’re going to work on your menu. It’s best to put your site on maintenance mode while that is being done.

Alternatively, I offered a workaround in this thread. Please follow the code suggestion but remember that it is only temporary so you should remove it before updating X and Cornerstone and provided that you’ll not be using icons in any navigation element.

This issue already has an official solution and it might be released in the next X/Cornerstone and Pro update.

Hope that helps and we’re sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.