Alternatives for second, sticky navigation on a specific page

Hello - I am using X and have been searching for a way to display a sticky second menu for a specific page. I understand it is not a current feature in X so I wanted to pick your brain on some alternatives.

I thought about a sidebar, but that wouldn’t be “top” visible on mobile, so I wanted to know if I could create a mega menu, add the page specific links then display that menu on 1 specific page on the site?

Otherwise, have there been any developments regarding creating a sticky Section?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

Hello @ccwadsworth,

Please check out this old thread:

Hope this helps.

Thank you — this is what I am trying to achieve, however, I’m not sure how to reference my menu in the CSS. Here is the code referenced in the thread:

.menu-summit-menu-container {
    position: fixed !important;
    width: 100%;
    top: 110;
    z-index: 9999;
}

Do I use the menu name (A.C.E. Leadership Program) or do I need to reference the section name (Navigation) where the menu is located ?

And do I add the CSS to the page CSS or the element CSS?

Thanks for your help!!

Hello @ccwadsworth,

Please edit your page and insert a Navigation Inline element. In the element settings, you can insert menu-summit-menu-container in the Class field under the “Customize” tab then the CSS code can be added to the page CSS.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Ooops, it looks like I entered the secure note in the response above this one. Thank you Rue!

Hi @ccwadsworth,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your setup and it was correct but it needed a little adjustment e.g z-index value of your Navigation section and some CSS rules needed to be added. I went ahead and fixed it for you.

Please clear your browser’s cache and check your page. Cheers!

That’s brilliant @nabel, thank you!
Is there anyway to get the second menu to stick under this image in the Header section??

Hi @ccwadsworth,

What you are expecting is not possible with the X theme you are using. Whereas the Pro has the option to customize the Header builder which can help with what you are expecting. I would suggest you upgrade into the Pro theme to get the customizable header options, please go through the process here: https://theme.co/docs/converting-from-x-to-pro

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ok, thank you very much.
Question: if I update the site to Pro, will it have any impact on the site structure; for example will I have to make any adjustments to the layout?

Hi @ccwadsworth,

The Pro has some additional features along with the similar structure that the X theme has. So if you have maintained it on your site, it will not break.

Thanks

Thank you!

You’re very welcome, @ccwadsworth!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.