Align section lower backgrund video centered

Hi,

I have a video on the lower background of a section. It seems to be aligned left. How can I align it to the middle?

On smaller devices only the left part of the video is visible and the important information of the video are off the viewport.

Thanks and kind regards

Hello @ingo,

By default, the background video renders in the center, it might be the issue of JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey @ingo,

We’re sorry for the confusion, the background video is not centered on mobile and that’s not a default as there’s no option to position and most mobile browsers do not allow background videos to play and it’s not good for mobile page load speed.

That is the reason why there is a Poster option. Please set a poster image to replace the video on mobile. It’s best that you use a portrait-oriented image to match the aspect ratio of a phone screen.

Another thing about background videos is they should not contain important information. Background videos are for decoration only.

If you want to show a video on mobile, create a new Section and add a Video element to it. Only show the section on mobile screens using the Hide During Breakpoints feature. Similarly, hide the Section with the video background on mobile using the Hide During Breakpoints feature.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the explanation.

I’ll build a workaround with the revolution slider.

Have a good day

You are most welcome @ingo. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.