Adding hero image to Homepage

Hello,

I’m trying to add a static hero image to my homepage, directly below the top header menu.

However since it’s the default page from theme and not something custom built via Cornerstone, I’m unable to find a way.

From other threads I see it must be done via Child Theme Functions.php file?

I’m using Ethos blog style with X theme.

Thank you

Hi Rain,

Thanks for reaching out.

To better help you with your concern, we need to check how you set up your backend. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I’ve added the secure note with details.
Here is a mockup of what I’m looking to add to the homepage, basically a basic image with some text on top.

Hello Rain,

Thanks for sharing your login credentials. I went ahead and checked your dashboard it seems that you have not set Home page from settings.

To set Page as HomePage. Go to Dashboard—>Settings—>Reading -->Set static page
Reading-Settings-‹-Barber-Site-—-WordPress

Please follow these steps to create homepage as your mockup

1. Create a page.
  2. Edit with Cornerstone
  3. To add a Hero Image, Add a section and set the background image of the section after that you can add a Text element to add Text on the Hero Image.

To add the 3 columns add another section and then set column like 3 columns please have a look at the given screenshot below.
Content-Draft-Content-Pro1

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I want to keep the current setting that I have latest posts showing up automatically on the website, this is why I’ve not created a static page.

Is there a way to either:

A) Keep the current setup and add the image to homepage

or

B) I will configure as you instructed, but the logic stays the same that new blog posts will show up dynamically on homepage?

Thanks!

Hello Rain,

Thanks for the clarification. Regretfully, once you have set your homepage to display the latest post, you cannot use Cornerstone to edit it. The only option for you is to use the Slider Revolution plugin and create a hero slider. Once you have created a hero slider, you can then assign it below the navigation using the Slider Settings: Below Masthead option. You can check out more information about the Slider Revolution from here:

And you also need to check out this documentation article to know how you can integrate the slider below your navigation. Kindly check this out:

Best Regards.

Hello,

Thanks for the response, I will look into the slider.

Is there a way to edit homepage via the child theme php functions set?

Another question, how could I add category (of the post) on the blog post image?

Hello Rain,

Editing the homepage via your child theme may be possible. Be advised that any customization like an addition of a new feature to the theme or a page will already require custom development and it is beyond the scope of our support already. You may contact a 3rd party developer instead.

Adding a category to be displayed in the post item grid on your homepage will still need a modification to the template. It is best that you create a static homepage as what has mentioned by @Prakash_s and use TheGrid or Essential Grid plugin to display the recent post items on the homepage. You can also create your own grid skin so that you can select what will be displayed in each of the post grid item.

Note: We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One or Care service for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.