Add text to Portfolio page

I would like to add some content to the portfolio page (the archive page, not individual posts). I’m using Ethos stack. I’ve actually felt the need for this feature in several sites, and have ended up using Essential Grid or some other workaround, but in this case I would really prefer to use the native portfolio functionality and just add a content area above. Can you assist me with this? I have seen past references to this but those were in the old forums, so I want to make sure I get the correct information. Thanks!

Hi There,

Please check the following guide:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208

Copy template-layout-portfolio.php from this folder wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\ethos to your child theme here: wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\ethos

Open the copied file and then add you custom text above this line: <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>.
Something like this:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio page output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

<div class="x-container max width main">
    <div class="offset cf">
      <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">
          <h1>My Super Awesome Portfolio Title or Text!</h1>
        <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_portfolio' ); ?>

</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

</div>
  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.