Add content area to Portfolio page

I would really like to add an editable content area to the portfolio index page. I’m using Ethos stack in X. I followed the instructions in this post not realizing that it would only add the specific content specified in the php file. Is it possible to have an editable content area? I don’t care if it’s the default editor or Cornerstone. This would make things SO much easier for me with this specific site. I found a really old forum post with some php that was supposed to do this, but it didn’t work for me. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello @jlswilton,

Thanks for writing in! Please be aware that the Portfolio page is using the Layout - Portfolio page template. Any contents on the page will be dynamically generated by the page template displaying the portfolio items. You cannot edit the portfolio page using the WP Editor or the Cornerstone plugin. If you wait a little longer for our next release update, you may be able to layout your portfolio page using the new feature, the Layout Builder. You can read more about it from our status report here: https://theme.co/content/status-report-october-02-2020#layout-builder

Best Regards.

I actually really need this now. One of my least favorite things about this theme is having to rely on Essential Grid, which I really dislike, to create something that intuitively should be able to be edited. I have seen countless requests for this feature. I’m glad it is on the way, but it’s disappointing that yet again, I have to rely on a 3rd party plugin for what I consider to be basic functionality.

Hi @jlswilton,

The only option you have right now is to customize the template or rely on a 3rd party plugin but we are already testing our Layout Builder and it will be released anytime soon. Please bear with us this time because our developers are trying their best to release the new Layout Builder in no time.

Thank you for understanding.

I know I can change the php template, because instructions were given to someone else in another post. I need more than one, though. I can copy and create new ones, but am not sure how to call them. Like right now the template is template-layout-portfolio.php but I could make a second one with different text called template-layout-portfolio-2.php or something. Can you assist with this?

Hi @jlswilton,

I would suggest you copy the file into your child theme and add or modify the file as per your need.

Thanks

I know how to do that. I want to be able to choose between more than one portfolio layout. I can create multiple versions but the page builder still only shows one in the drop down. How can I change that?

Hey @jlswilton,

I’m sorry but we can’t assist you with that as that would mean we’ll be extending our theme.

Please use the example you saw here in the forum. It would work for you provided that you understand that code. If not, you need to hire a developer to extend our theme for you.

I understand that you think we helped other customers in the past but our goal there is only to provide a starting point. We actually don’t do theme customizations as part of our theme support. It’s in our Terms.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.