Portfolio settings - navigation/breadcrumbs - Essential grid

Hi, i have a question related to the settings of portfolio (within X-stack Renew). I would like to make a portfolio page with designs I made myself. I love the portfolio-layout of Integrity and would like to have the same… https://demo.theme.co/integrity-business/portfolio/ Do you have a step by step explanation? is it made with essential grid or is this only possible with Integrity?

What I already made… (site is still in progress so it is offline)

• I added a few portfolio items with, with different categories (some of the items have more than 1 cat.)
  • I made an essential grid with all portfolio items
  • I made a page with the specific essential grid

On the portfolio page a encountered 2 “problems”
1: breadcrumbs/navigation: By clicking on for example item1 (on the link in the skin of the ess.grid) i go to the portfolio-item page. At that moment the breadcrumbs is not correct and says: home > > item1. I would like to have home>portfolio>item1. Same issues when i click on the category of the item1 (breadcrumbs says: home > > cat1)
2: is there a way to change the layout of a portfolio-item-page and portfolio-category-page? I would like to have the text of the portfolio-item on the right, next to the image and the breadcrumb other outline.

Thank you so much!

Hello @gemmaswiers,

Thanks for writing in!

By default, the Integrity stack has a unique portfolio page and portfolio item page layouts different from other stacks. Now, this page; https://demo.theme.co/integrity-business/portfolio/ is simply using the default portfolio settings in the Integrity stack. If you are using a different stack, then you’ll have a different layout as well.

1.) The breadcrumb, home > > item1 has an empty slot because you did not create a portfolio page or page that uses the Layout - Portfolio page template.

2.) There is no setting where you can change the layout of the portfolio item page. You need to add CSS code into X > Theme Options > CSS . Can you give a mock layout or a screenshot of what you want to change in the layouts?

Best Regards.

Thank you @ruenel

1. when i created that specific page with the portfolio template, it will overwrite my essential grid. If i make another page with portfolio-template - for example “test”- then the breadcrumb says - after navigating from home -> portfolio -> item1 is saying home > test > item1. Is there another way to have a correct navigation/breadcrumb? Otherwise, I think I will install the integrity stack.

2. this is my current portfolio overview

this is what I would like for one specific item from the portfolio.

this is what I would like for one category from the portfolio.

Hello @gemmaswiers,

1. The breadcrumb will look for the page that uses Layout - Portfolio. It will use that page as the parent page for each portfolio items. If you want to use the breadcrumb functions while loading the essential grid on the portfolio page, you may need to modify the Layout - Portfolio page template in your child theme. You will have to incorporate the Essential Grid within the Layout - Portfolio page template. Perhaps this documentation can help:

2.) I am not sure which stack you are using. With the screenshot you have shared, we already have a stack that displays the same portfolio item layout. You can check it here:

Hope this helps.

Thank you @ruenel. I was using stack renew, but I switched to integrity and now i don’t have the breadcrumb problem anymore (not using the essential grid, but the default portfolio items). The layout of one portfolio item is better too. Thanks again.

Hi @gemmaswiers,

Glad it helps to resolve your issues.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.