ACF Pro & Custom Post Type

Hi All- I am working on starting a new company that does aircraft sales (think real estate, but aircraft rather than properties). I have a page where I will advertise aircraft for sale. I installed the ACF plugin in Pro and created a new post type called aircraft. I am trying to create a page to showcase all the aircraft we have for sale or wanting (I wanted vs listing based on tag or taxonomy). Here is a pic of an example of what I am trying to achieve.

After they click on it, they go to the actual listing which could look something like below.

Your help and guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Thx.

Hey @kevrossignon,

Thanks for reaching out!

In creating showcase page, you need to use the archive layout builder to build the content. Also, in showing the full description of your product, you need to use the single layout builder. Here’s a quick overview.

You can also watch on how to create an archive layout.

Here’s a quick overview with ACF and Loopers:

Tutorial about ACF Pro and Loopers:

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you. This is exactly the information that I was looking for to put me on the right track. I have viewed the videos and going to put that in practice. While trying to do so, I went into the site, create an Archive Layout, but after clicking it, I see my landing page. Why is that?

Hey @kevrossignon,

Please make sure that you set your builder preview to your post type.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @marc_a. My post type is currently set to that. However, this is a custom post type named aircraft. Would that make a difference? If so, I do not see Aircraft being an option anywhere.

Thank you again for all your help.

Hey @kevrossignon,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can take a look on your setup? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

@marc_a- Thank you. I just sent you a secure not. I look forward to your response and thank you again for your help.

Hello @kevrossignon,

Your Aircraft custom post type does not have an archive. You may have disabled it when creating the post type in ACF. Please edit your post type, see the link in the secure note below, and then make sure that the “Archive” option is enabled.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.