4.0.7 Save issues → rolled to backup and still getting fatal error

Hey guys,

This morning I was trying to edit some pages using the new version 4.0.7. I was getting constant messages that the save failed to not being able to load an async file. It was very similar to this post.

After trying a lot of debugging, I gave up and rolled back to my backup from before the upgrade.

However, I’m still getting fatal errors now that my host/server says I need to come to you with.

Fatal error : Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /home/jaydclou/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
There has been a critical error on this website.

Same with my other site:

Fatal error : Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Header, because the name is already in use in /home/jaydclou/public_html/freelancing.school/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/regions/class-header.php on line 3
There has been a critical error on this website.

It’s the same error being discussed here but I didn’t see a resolution there.

Can you please help me figure out what’s going on here? I’ve tried backups that are more than a week before the upgrade, and I still get this error which is taking my sites down:

1. https://jayclouse.com
  2. https://freelancing.school

I solved this issue by reupdating to 4.0.7. Which will still create save problems…but I suppose I’ll continue trying to debug that for the sake of having the site back up again…

Hello @jayclouse,

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If you were doing manual updates, it is best that you delete the pro folder in the themes folder. Do not just simply overwrite the theme files by just uploading the files into the existing folder.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.