4.0.7 Unable to save page

Hey guys, I keep coming across a “Uh-oh, unable to save” message after upgrading to the new 4.0.7.

From the console, the errors read:

Unable to load content at: https://jayclouse.com/pro/content/async https:/jayclouse.com/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/app.aced3b2.js

I tried to clear caches, I increased the php memory, I troubleshot the plugins…I’m at a loss. When I tried to rollback, it gave another error, so I’m stuck with 4.0.7 and trying to figure out how to build from here.

Hello @jayclouse,

Thanks for writing in! Your issue could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

• Testing for Plugin Conflict
  • Child Theme
  • CSS/JS Customization
  • Disabling Cache
  • Disabling CDN

We highly recommend that you temporarily deactivate some of your plugins starting with the Classic Editor plugin, WP Rocket, and the rest of the plugin. Kindly let us know how it goes.

I’ve knocked out all of these other than every Plugin or disabling CDN; I’m not sure I’m using a CDN, but I did test deactivating Cloudflare and that didn’t help. But I"m using a Child Theme, I tested CSS/JS Customization, as well as disabling the cache.

The plugins I tested were the usual suspects:

• WP Rocket
  • Async Javascript
  • Asset Cleanup
  • Cloudflare
  • Fusebox
  • Jetpack
  • Better Click To Tweet…

Some save functions work (saving templates) or saving a new page, but it seems to affect pre-existing pages.

I’ll keep running down the line of plugins tomorrow when it isn’t so late but I’d love to hear any other theories

Hi @jayclouse,

It will be very difficult to tell what is exactly happening on your end without investigating your site by logging in. Still, I found that one of the 3rd party plugins is causing a JavaScript error, which might be a cause of your issue. Please try once by deactivating the plugin named Smart Podcast Player.
If that does not resolve the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you @tristup!

I deleted the Smart Podcast Player but that didn’t solve the problem unfortunately. I spent a good part of the morning trying to troubleshoot all of my plugins, but still came up empty.

Sharing a secure note to the staging server now:

For what it’s worth, I’m having exactly the same issue on X 8.0.7.

1 Like

I too am having this very same issue on Pro 4.0.7

1 Like

Hey There,

Please update to X 8.0.8 and Pro 4.0.8 which should resolve this issue. All the best!

That did the trick! I initially thought it broke something else, but it was actually the new WP Rocket plugin that I upgraded at the same time.

4.0.8 working great so far!

Glad to hear it! Thanks for confirming with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.