2 Single licences randomly became invalid

I’ve been using X Theme for years on two sites. All the sudden both of my sites stopped working, this was due to my theme. When I got back into my wordpress account both of my themes had were inactive. I tried to put the licenses back in and it’s giving me an error. Meanwhile my sites have been tanking and I had to pay $60 just to try to get help here? I’m pretty bummed. Hoping to get a quick resolution. Thanks everyone.

Hello @kodypro,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of any plugin conflict, cache issue, or any browser extension that stops to validate the site. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of WordPress and the latest version of the theme. I would suggest you troubleshoot with our troubleshooting guide.

In case you haven’t seen our doc for license validation please have a look at it.

Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks, just shared.

Hello @kodypro,

It seems that you are using the Cornerstone on this site door1logistics but you are registered for the Pro theme, I would suggest you please disable the Cornerstone and enable the Pro theme and then recheck. I was not able to check your other site since the login details you gave me are not working on my end.

Thanks

I just did that and it immediately took my site down again. :man_facepalming:

The other site password should be correct now. But most concerning is what I said in the last message. I deactivated cornerstone, reactivated theme x, and it immediately shut my site down.

Hello @kodypro,

You may have an older version of PHP or a PHP memory limit exhaustion. If you can access your hosting panel, delete the X theme and Pro theme to make the site live again. You can download the latest version and install it again. If nothing is helping, please provide us with your FTP details as well so we can investigate the issue further.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Doesn’t it make sense that it’s because it’s saying my license isn’t valid? Isn’t it happening because it’s trying to add a theme with an incorrectly invalid license or no?

Hey Kody,

Please see the secure note below.

You have an X theme license and a Pro theme license assigned to the respective site URLs. Be sure to use the correct license code according to the assigned URLs. At the moment, the site encounters an error. This can happen if you have updated the WordPress core while the theme is outdated. To resolve this, log in to your FTP or File Manager in the hosting panel and go to the themes folder. You have to delete the x or pro folder. For the site that is using the X theme, go to the plugins folder and delete the cornerstone folder as well. You have to do these steps to get back to the WP Dashboard. Once you are in the WP dashboard, you can re-install the theme.

If nothing is working, you can give us access to the hosting panel or your FTP access.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.