The Grid - Overlay effect on mouseover does not work anymore

Hi,

I have used the grid to show the posts on this website, in a masonary form, and on a mouseover it always activated a dark overlay over the posts. This has completely disappeared.
http://baetens.raylabs.be/

I have played with small skin settings for the item, only the basic ones, font, color and so on. Further no customisations in code whatsoever, and have been searching and trying to debug trough all the possible skin and grid settings, but have found nothing at all that could cause this.

Can someone please help me out here ?
Thanks
Casper

PS In my process i tried to export/import grid setting too to another website, to do some more testing and debugging, but the imp/export function doesn’t seem to work well either. Importing the json file on the other site (which is actually an exact clone of the first) gives me messages like ‘The file doesn’t contain any data’ That’s not my main issue though. I just want to get the overlay effect fixed, it has already cost me way too much time and at this time i have a client that is getting pretty mad by now.

Hi Casper,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking I see a JavaScript error on the console log. Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if there’s any conflicts with other plugins.

If you have added any custom JavaScript code, try removing them temporarily and test your site.

If you’re using any caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache and disable any CSS/JavaScript minifications.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi Mldarshana,

I have disactivated all plugins and removed some CSS i added within the X-theme, JS i have not touched. I’m afraid it still doesn’t work

Thanks in advance

Hi There,

Please remove the Google Analytics code under Theme Options > JS.

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-3327341-36', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

You should use the Google Analytics plugin instead:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Nope… no luck :confused:
Google code removed and it still doesn’t work

Would it be of any use that i provide you with the log-in so you can to take a look at it yourself ?

Hi Casper,

We will require your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials to check your issue further. Please make sure to use secure note option to submit those information.

Thanks!

Hi Casper,

I checked your site and you do not have the Pro child theme installed and activated on the site yet.

Please download the Pro child theme here: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Then install and activate it on the site. Once activated, login through FTP and go to wp-content/themes/pro-childthen you should be able to find the functions.php file there.

Add the code suggested in the previous response here to the functions.php file.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,
I have completely removed the google analytics code, also disabled it in the analytics plugin that comes with the X-theme. It has had no effect on the problem so I guess these are not related ?

Hey Stef,

You have left the Overlay Background empty. Please set a color and opacity. See https://youtu.be/CsPaMYXqCoA

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.