Pro and WPML : solution proposals

Hi there @Luc_Van_Cappellen,

You had to set the setting in the Languages menu of WPML and also save it. Then you need to go to Permalinks and set it to be the post name.

I went to your website and did those changes. Now would you please kindly change the admin language to French and then go to Cornerstone?

That should do the trick for the content.

Unfortunately for the footer, there is no workaround at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @cyrock,

Completely understand your concern and it is also our highest priority. To make this work we also need WPML side cooperation either which we are in close contact.

Just rest assured that we are doing our best to release a compatible version as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher,

thank you for the info!

It seems it don’t.
When I change the admin language to French and launch ‘PRO’ I get an overview of dutch pages and when I choose one (example: “Algemene Vergadering”) I got the dutch page (when I returned to the dashbaord, the admin language was French…)

When I try via “pages” and choose a page edit with Pro: I got an empty page.
see: http://prntscr.com/g4sctc

Did you change something in the language menu? It seems to me that all was the same as before?

Regards,

Luc

Hi there,

We don’t change any settings unless required for troubleshooting, especially with language menu that has no relation with builder permalinks.

Though, with that conflict, it behaves differently on each install. So please stay tuned with the fix and our developers are working on it :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding.

I am also looking for that solution ASAP. After my discourse on resizing to mobile compatibility earlier this month this seems to be a second issue with Pro. Time to redo the website with a completely new theme and get rid of Pro? This is so basic…

1 Like

Hi @Zilchbiz,

We totally understand the situation and this is also the highest priority for us. As we already informed in our news section. We are fully focused on this and in contact with WPML developers.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I have the exact same issue and it’s taking me down, our board is very upset that we still don’t have the website in the other languages needed. The board don’t recognize tech issues and they don’t care about Theme or plugins, they just want things to work!

I’m so upset that ThemeCo (before releasing PRO) said that it’s 100% compatible with WPML and did it for marketing purposes. :frowning:

I’m now stuck and started looking for different themes. I have 45+ pages and it’s gonna be a nightmare to move, unless ThemeCo magically releases a new update soon and get WPML working.

Sad!

1 Like

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that, permalinks conflicts are unavoidable since both ends use custom one, and languages are permalinks dependent. Our developers are still working on it.

Thanks!

okay guys and gals,
Can you update us on any solution window for this? We’ve all seen the Agust 7th update, which basically told us you and WPML have been arguing for two weeks on whose issue it actually was. Now that has been determined and we’re one week further down the road nothing else seems to have happened. We, out here, have our businesses to run on multi-lingual sites et al. Would be nice to hear something more. Thanks

1 Like

Sorry but we have no news yet. Please stay tuned.

Any definite date of bug fix to make WPML works with PRO? we’re losing, sad!

Hi there,

There is no update about it yet, but our developers are working around the clock :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Heading into september now. Is it that complicated? Exemplary? Disappointing to say the least. After the non-sensical discussion I had about resizing for mobile (something which most free themes even are able to deal with properly) and the promise there to wait for a next release also I am now caught up in this WPML issue. Amazing. I’ll start copy and pasting it into another template. Thanks for wasting our time.

1 Like

Hi there,

Yes, it’s a bit complicated. Even if we love to provide you some workaround, we can’t since it’s not that simple. There is no reason to keep it to ourselves :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding.

Any news yet? Thanks. Another week waiting has passed now. Is there a way to easily export all designs etc from Pro? You’ll probably say no, but I have to move on.

1 Like

Hi There,

We have no news unfortunely.

If you decide to use X instead your pages will be still editable with Cornerstone.

If you use Cornerstone standalone with another theme, it will work as well.

Hope it clarifies

Hahahaha, yes, that’s what we call cross-selling. No ability to downgrade to X anymore or even try it. There is a technical issue; we’d love to help you, please transfer $59? Enuff said, afaiac.

Hi there,

Your question is about exporting it which there is no need for the content builder and it will work with cornerstone whenever you like to switch theme, you can still download your X theme and cornerstone through Themeforest. Plus, you didn’t mention about the downgrade :slight_smile:

If you like, I can forward your request so we can downgrade your license.

Thanks!

I have the exact same problem with Cornerstone, X theme and Polylang…
Should I assume that once this is corrected for Pro, it will also for X?